• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    For those that may be interested.
    I previously had a LaRue tactical padded sling which used 1.25" QD push button swivels which I was very happy with. The sling was very comfortable, easy to used and as expected turned out to be very durable. The only thing I didn't like is that I didn't have the ability to switch between one point and two point configuration. I ended up selling this sling when I sold my old rifle which put me in the market for a new one, my criteria were as follows

1. Utilized the 1.25" QD sockets built into my rail and my Magpul CTR stock
    2. Could be used as a one point or two point sling, without having to use extra parts such as Magpuls RSA and ASAP for the MS2/MS3
    3. Coyote brown because like a woman, I've come to want my gun to be color coordinated

The result: Blue Force Gear SOC-C Modular Sling.

Many of you may recognize the SOC-C as it has previously been popular and well known modular sling from BFG, however for 2012 they have redesigned it a bit and gave the option of having push button QD attachment points or HK style hooks. This fit the bill for all of my criteria, and as a bonus can be used in a three point configuration as well. Although I never use a sling this way it's purely personal preference and it's nice to know the option is there. I've found that it's not quite as comfortable as the padded LaRue sling, but thats to be expected switching from something with such a large pad to something without. That being said it is in no way bothersome or unbearable. I've also found it not as easy to adjust (length) on the fly but then again I have never had to do so on the fly.. I've found that on my list of priorities when rounds are coming at me #1 is to find cover, #2 is to put rounds back in the direction they came from... the sling adjustment is usually way way farther down the list YMMV. I've found the button on the QD swivels to be a tad smaller than the LaRue ones and the swivels them selves are a bit stiffer and less smooth feeling when put in and taken out. That being said, it does not feel of less quality, the fit is very positive and although it has never happened to me, I feel there is less of a chance the buttons may be inadvertently pressed and the sling released. Lastly I've found that the transition between one, two, and three point configurations cannot be achieved quite as fast as the Magpul MS2/3 but the difference is measured in single/low double digit seconds. Again, I have never had to make sling adjustments in terms of length or configuration on the fly where seconds counted but as always YMMV. I usually have my gear setup dictated by the situation I'm in and will often change the configuration between one and two point.

In summary, I think the new SOC-C is a great product which really fits the 'do-all' philosophy it was designed for. It is comparably priced with other slings on market with a few more options than you might have from a competitor, and it's from a well known manufacturer. I have not put this sling through anything near being able to give a review on its durability but if it stands up the quality BFG is known for, and the durability of past products I've owned from them I feel very confident the sling will outlast me. Should you find this not the case for you, BFG offers a lifetime warranty from defects in manufacturing and materials. They offer a 10% discount to military and LE, I used my military credentials when ordering and they sent me two things of chapstick as well, even though though I am not overseas nor will be anytime soon I though it was a nice little touch and if I were, would certainly be appreciated and shows me a little more about the people behind BFG products.

Disclaimer: I do not work for nor am I a shill for Blue Force Gear, I just wanted to share my personal opinion whether positive or negative in hopes that it helps someone by informing them of another option that exists when looking for a sling and helps them make a more informed decision when considering this part of their gear. I am the kind of person who hates buying something online without having been able to finger it up and get a feel for what I'm really getting and I depend on these types of reviews from real world people when I pick up stuff.

DSCN1161.jpg

DSCN1163.jpg

DSCN1165.jpg

DSCN1166.jpg

Although not pictured, do not forget that this can also be set up as a three point sling.

Last edited:

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    Nice review and thanks for your service.

BFG certainly makes some great products and this sling certainly appears to be one that fills a need.

I have never seen anyone run a single point sling off the back of a CTR like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom