• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 30, 2011
    Port Republic Md
    Kinda off topic just wondering if anyone was riding over. Me and a few freinds are thinking about riding over on Saturday to spend the day.

http://www.bikestothebeach.com/

181791_187898604574384_133103923387186_518810_5018633_n.jpg

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    I think I'm most likely going to skip it. Kinda laid up right now. But take some pics, and let us know how it was. Have fun man. Ride safe.

Jan 30, 2011
    Port Republic Md
    I think I'm most likely going to skip it. Kinda laid up right now. But take some pics, and let us know how it was. Have fun man. Ride safe.

Sorry to hear your laid up, hope its nothing bad. Me, Ive been fighting a killer cold for the last 2 1/2 weeks. Just cant seem to get rid of it!! :?(

andyman

Former Senior Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    pg county
    Things have been a little crazy so I don't know if we're free but I'd sure love to get down there. I'll check plans and see. Thanks for posting this I could really use a couple minutes away w/ the wife. This might be just the ticket.

andy

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Sorry to hear your laid up, hope its nothing bad. Me, Ive been fighting a killer cold for the last 2 1/2 weeks. Just cant seem to get rid of it!! :?(

Thanks for the well wishes. Sorry to hear about your cold. That sucks. I'll be honest. I don't know what's wrong with me and neither does the 7 doctors I've seen. I woke up one day and my feet were swollen twice their size. I couldn't even bend my ankles to walk. Then the swelling went up into my calves, and then my knees. The pain is unbearable some times. I had so much trouble getting around last month, I don't think I left my bedroom for 3 weeks. I've had just about every test you could think of, and every one of them, is neg. The docs say I'm as healthy as a damn horse. Luckily, the swelling has gone down some lately and I'm moving around some. I think I may start a thread about this in the hopes that some one may have seen this problem. Who knows I might get lucky.

Jan 30, 2011
    Port Republic Md
    Thanks for the well wishes. Sorry to hear about your cold. That sucks. I'll be honest. I don't know what's wrong with me and neither does the 7 doctors I've seen. I woke up one day and my feet were swollen twice their size. I couldn't even bend my ankles to walk. Then the swelling went up into my calves, and then my knees. The pain is unbearable some times. I had so much trouble getting around last month, I don't think I left my bedroom for 3 weeks. I've had just about every test you could think of, and every one of them, is neg. The docs say I'm as healthy as a damn horse. Luckily, the swelling has gone down some lately and I'm moving around some. I think I may start a thread about this in the hopes that some one may have seen this problem. Who knows I might get lucky.

Dang now I dont feel so bad about my cold!! Sorrry to hear your having such a bad time of it. I imagine it makes it even worse when the Doc's cant determine the problem. Starting a post cant hurt, ya never know! Keeps us informed on how your doing!

Jan 30, 2011
    Port Republic Md
    Things have been a little crazy so I don't know if we're free but I'd sure love to get down there. I'll check plans and see. Thanks for posting this I could really use a couple minutes away w/ the wife. This might be just the ticket.

andy

I feel the same way! Just a day away from the house with the better half!!

Jan 30, 2011
    Port Republic Md
    This is the first I have heard of this. I may have to try to get the wife on the back of the bike and ride down.

I just found out about it last wednesday a freind from baltimore called me. I've been to 2 of the fall gatherings and they were pretty good. More than anything its a day riding and hangin with a few freinds!:party29:

davidr145

Mar 14, 2011
    Perry Hall, MD

Just wondering, did they check your uric acid level which if high can cause gout. I have had gout attacks several times and your symptoms sound similar. Extreme pain, swelling, can't bend joint. I'm on daily meds for it now to keep it from coming back. Been ok for a few years now. Just thought I would pass along as something else to consider.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion

I know this is late, I went through the same nasty cold that took me about a month to get out of my system. Although I still haven't recovered from the energy loss yet, but it gets better each day.

About the swelling. It could be Gout as someone else suggested? Something else it could be is you have retained too much fluid in your body? I always thought this fluid deal only happened to women? I found out when my Doctor couldn't seem to get my High Blood Pressure under control the problem was due to fluid build up.

He gave me fluid pills I take daily which took care of the high blood pressure and the swelling I was going through, which by the way was in the same areas you were talking about. Hopefully for your situation, it may be just that simple?

I hope it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom