• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    About 10 days ago I sent 2 stock Ar trigger assemblies to Bill Springfield for his 35$ 4# trigger job. I just got them back in the mail today. It took me all of about 2 minutes to put one in my carbine. All I can say is wow! Appreantly he welds a bead on it to eliminate the downward creep and he stones the contacting surfaces. Both broke as clean as a glass rod right at 4#'s. I don't see how it can get any better if you like a single stage trigger. Not to mention the 35$ price that includes shipping. In my book they are definitely GTG!:party29::party29::party29::party29::party29:

Pics after I pick my daughter up from school.
    DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Last edited:

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    How much can you stone a stock AR trigger without going through the surface hardening of the contact points and into the softer metal? My impression has always been that the margin of error is pretty slim when it comes to stoning the stock parts.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    damn i wish u had it on there on sunday, guess i will have to meet you at hap sometime and try the trigger out, cause i would much rather pay 35 bucks than the 170 for a darn timney

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

thank you, looks like a simple regrind of the mating surfaces to reduce the engagement angle and creep, and the weld to limit takeup. Makes for a decent hassle free trigger, although I normally prefer drilling and tapping the sear end of the trigger for a set screw to limit overtravel. welding and filing the bead works just as well, and there is nothing to come loose, but has to be assembled and taken apart a couple times to work well with a particular lower.

Last edited:

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    Bill has done two trigger jobs for me, one on my H&K G3 and the other on my H&K USP Compact 45. The work he does is exceptional, and his prices are most reasonable. I would recommend him highly.:thumbsup:

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    damn i wish u had it on there on sunday, guess i will have to meet you at hap sometime and try the trigger out, cause i would much rather pay 35 bucks than the 170 for a darn timney

Just lemme know when you are coming up and I'll meet you there.

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    I've heard nothing but good things from Springfield. I love my Timney's, but with all the rifles I have, saving $150 per rifle is a HUGE deal. Until someone tells me that theirs broke - I really think this might be the way to go.

Ak44

Sep 15, 2009
    All the forums that have threads on Bill Springfield have nothing but good things to say. Affordable and quick service. Heard he does wonders for the terrible HK triggers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom