• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xoticbass

Feb 16, 2011
    I kinda knew this was a bad idea from the start, but I found a great YouTube on detail-stripping my Walther PP and got started. Since I bought it, my gf has shot a sizable cross-section of dirty ammo through it while learning the ropes. Add to that however many years pre-me shooting, and it was fairly nasty in the nooks and crannies.

HOWEVER, while the video taking it APART was thorough - they didn't have a companion video to walk through the RE-assembly aspect...

I found a photo-array on the Walther Boards, but haven't had great success getting the tiny pieces back into places.

Any suggestions, before I say "uncle" and take it to someone?

Jul 1, 2012
    Look through the P38/PP-K forum. There's probably something there already, and if not someone there will be able to help, or point you to a good reference.
    Make sure if you ask for help to let them know what S/N and model, etc with pics as things changed over the 80+ years it's been in production :)

http://p38forum.com/forums/index.php

In my experience the folks there are a bit more civilized and inclined to help than on some of the other vintage gun boards...

Found this on AR15.com:

http://www.stevespages.com/ipb-walther-pp.html (parts breakdown)

Disassembly:
    "After removing the slide and grips, push out the trigger guard hinge pin, part 24.
    NOTE: The hinge pin has a reduced section in the center that can cause problems if you don't take it into account.
    You do this by squeezing the trigger guard upward into the frame while you push the pin out.
    DO NOT HAMMER ON IT.

With the pin out, the guard, the trigger guard plunger and spring will fall out, and the magazine catch and spring will drop out the side.

To reassemble:
    Install the catch and its captive spring into the frame with the lug aligned with the half-moon cut in the frame. Make sure the lug stays in the cut.
    Install the plunger and spring, which retains the catch, and press the trigger guard HARD up into the frame.
    Insert a punch into the frame lug holes to hold the guard in place.
    Forcing the guard upward HARD, insert the hinge pin and work it into place, pushing the punch out.
    DO NOT HAMMER OR TRY TO FORCE THE HINGE PIN, you can bend or even break the frame lugs.

The hinge pin's reduced section makes reassembly difficult but don't use any force.

I DO NOT recommend further disassembly, especially of the trigger and draw bar assembly. This can be very difficult to get back together and can be broken easily."

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Can you use your youtube video-finding ninja skills and find a CZ50/70 full detail strip? :)

I would normally dive in but the staked in screws and pins scare me.

I wouldn't be scared. I've taken my CZ50 down to the frame twice. No big deal. One of teh simplest to strip in my opinion. If you search, I've got a thread here somewhere with pics. I've got another 40-50 pics of teh tear down on my machine at home as well if you need any help.

main thing to pay attention to is when you remove teh pins for teh side plate... Go slow and try to pay attention to teh orinetation of teh sear and spring as that is the most confusing piece to get back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom