• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Never worried about rats, it was spiders and other creepy crawlies at night, flies during the day, especially hot days.
    Biting flies are the worst. I'm glad I'm not a horse.

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    That quote is why I think that quietly the MSP rank and file hates Frosh. They can easily quantify it. Not only that, they are abiding by the letter and spirit of Bruen and processing apps more efficiently than I expected.
    Law enforcement, particularly sheriffs for the most part, don't support the ridiculous gun laws that Democrats and some Republicans advocate for. Even the LAPD is not enforcing California's so-called "high capacity" magazine ban. Now in Ohio, a Republican wants it where you have to have a co-signer in order to purchase a gun if you're under 21, otherwise you're not allowed to buy a semi-automatic firearm. He doesn't understand that you're an adult at 18, not 21. This is not the 1800s.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is a difference between elected Sheriffs and non elected LE

I’ll leave it at that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    There is a difference between elected Sheriffs and non elected LE

I’ll leave it at that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Which is exactly why Carroll County won’t change up the Sheriff’s Office to have a police force headed by an unelected chief of police.

Which brings me to my next thought: I wonder which county will have the highest percentage of the population with permits. My money is on Carroll or Garrett.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Which is exactly why Carroll County won’t change up the Sheriff’s Office to have a police force headed by an unelected chief of police.

Which brings me to my next thought: I wonder which county will have the highest percentage of the population with permits. My money is on Carroll or Garrett.
    ***** By % of population, yea probably Carrol or Garrett. By absolute numbers my guess would be MoCo or PG. Our classes for the W&C have been booked solid since Bruen and we have added extra classes and extra RSO's to help out. Our class this past Sunday had 51 people and all of our upcoming classes are packed solid through the rest of our teaching year. Most of our students live in MoCo, but I know several instructors here on this site as well as from the area that teach in PG and they are all booked up solid too.

Really an amazing turn of events here in Maryland with respect to the W&C permit and the relative ease of obtaining one now versus just a few short months ago. I've really enjoyed teaching the classes and seeing SO many people exercising their RIGHT to keep and bear arms even if there are significant hoops to still jump through. What was once almost unobtainium in Maryland is now very much possible for the average law abiding citizen.

Hopefully, we can lobby and get the MSP and other granting bodies to reduce the requirements so fees come down and streamline the process even further so more people can be legally armed without having to jump through so many hoops and pay out so much $$$ as is the case now.

I think it would be *awesome* to have an MDS meetup at a nice venue and for most or all of us to be carrying and the general population that are not armed no longer think it is a big deal - and to have that happen in Maryland. :thumbsup:

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Hopefully, we can lobby and get the MSP and other granting bodies to reduce the requirements so fees come down and streamline the process even further so more people can be legally armed without having to jump through so many hoops and pay out so much $$$ as is the case now.
    :thumbsup:
    MSP is powerless to change the actual statute. The General Assembly is likely to a) raise the fees; b) raise the training requirements (copy NY); c) limit the development of new ranges; and d) rewrite the laws to broaden the meaning of "restricted areas" (like MoCo).

Watch the lawsuits MSI is running against AA Co and MoCo, and the new lawsuit against Bruen.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Now in Ohio, a Republican wants it where you have to have a co-signer in order to purchase a gun if you're under 21, otherwise you're not allowed to buy a semi-automatic firearm. He doesn't understand that you're an adult at 18, not 21. This is not the 1800s.
    I think you have it backwards; people aged 18 in the 1800s were much more capable and experienced at age 18 than most the the 21 year olds I meet today.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I think we were legally responsible at 18; it's the more recent lawmakers that have tried to raise the ceiling. Voting and military service were all available at 18, IIRC.

Of course, here in the People's Republic of Takoma, I believe that it was suggested that the voting age be lowered to 16 for local elections; a foot in the door to increase the pool of the Indoctrinated.

Hopefully someone will chime in and fill the gaps in my memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom