• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cetmeman

Jun 2, 2008
    Parkville
    I searched for a reasonably priced ar 15 for a while. Never paying them much attention until the thought of not being able to buy one. So I found one on gun broker yesterday and bought it. Its a dpms a3 and I payed 889 plus shipping. I never really payed attention to prices before, did I get a good price. Also any input on optics, its a flat top and I'm really looking for a good lower priced red dot. All the ar's at Virginia were overpriced as hell so I thought this was my best bet.

Cetmeman

Jun 2, 2008
    Parkville
    Can't wait to get it and pics are a definite. If anyone is interested I believe that he had like 5 others going on with no bids. The store is Northern Firearms and buying from them was a great experience also. S&H was 20

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    I took my A4 up to the farm for 40 rounds today. Shoots really nice. Low recoil and excellent groups without even adjusting the sites! Can't wait to see what it'll do once I get some decent optics.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    nice find! i put my dpms together and still haven't shot it:sad20: its my first ar too:thumbsup: i went with a eotech multi pupose optic, its a 557 with .223 reticle from 25-600 yards with one sight in, it comes with a 3x magnifier and flip to side mount so its out of the way for close quarters. it added about 2lbs to the rifle but it was so lite to start with its not an issue.

jdorian

Aug 14, 2008
    I dunno. I just got an AR15 at the show last weekend in VA for $929 including tax. It was the DPMS A-15, which is a M4 style.

Cetmeman

Jun 2, 2008
    Parkville
    What day did you go? I couldn't make it until Sunday and when I got there nothing was priced under 1200. I looked at every table and all I could find was uppers.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    The A3 is DPMS's "lite" carbine, if I remember correctly. $889 isn't a terrible price, but it is a hair high.

You'll love the AR. I bought my first one on a whim a few years ago, and they're great. Accurate, durable, easy to build and maintain... I love 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom