• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The linked documents clearly say that Scout ammunition is not for resale. The ammo displayed on gun broker is clearly marked Boy Scouts. Those two facts are irreconcilable without explanation.
    True, and true, no doubt about it, but the ammo listed, "Federal Target Champion 714 22 long rifle ammo" is not the type Federal said was going to be sold to the scouts for 2013 which was the "Federal Champion 510 load" , and we have no way to determine how this person got their hands on it. Did they just load up a empty box he had and is claiming that's where its from? Innocent until proven guilty and I have not seen anything that ties the Scouts to this sale, just ammo being sold that seems to be from 2012 or earlier that was earmarked for the Scouts.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The photos posted on the auction showed Boy Scout ammo stickers on each individual brick and on the case box.
    To quote the auction listing and see the picture:
    "***Boy Scout SPECIAL ORDER Re-labeled bulk box SEE PICS or EMAIL Questions***"

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=384498211#PIC

Maybe you want a written confession by the seller?

I am guessing this is directed at my comments, I do not doubt the ammo is labeled for the Scouts. I have seen the listing. My comments stated this ammo shown is NOT what Federal said was going to be the 2013 ammo available for the Scouts. And we have no idea where this seller got this from to sell. So I can't sit here and watch people make comments about the Boy Scouts selling ammo until someone has proof they are the ones selling it. After all, all those 1911's out there labeled must be stolen U.S.Goverment property, right, because it says so right on the slide........

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    The photos posted on the auction showed Boy Scout ammo stickers on each individual brick and on the case box.
    To quote the auction listing and see the picture:
    "***Boy Scout SPECIAL ORDER Re-labeled bulk box SEE PICS or EMAIL Questions***"

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=384498211#PIC

Maybe you want a written confession by the seller?

But what proof do you have that this ammo is part of the 2013 shipment to scouts?

What proof do you have that this ammo was actually delivered to the scouts and is now being resold in violation of the agreement under which the ammo was sold?

You seem to have an agenda of painting BSA in a bad light when it most likely is not at fault.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    But what proof do you have that this ammo is part of the 2013 shipment to scouts?

What proof do you have that this ammo was actually delivered to the scouts and is now being resold in violation of the agreement under which the ammo was sold?

You seem to have an agenda of painting BSA in a bad light when it most likely is not at fault.

Federal could answer that question, if they had a batch number.

BSA councils have been merging and selling camps. Maybe the ammo is from a camp sale and the proceeds go back to BSA.

Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom