• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    The brady bunch have a long history of lying. As with most liars, it has caught up with them- very few, if any, believe anything they say these days.

I liken them to "the boy who cried wolf" they have cried blood in the streets for so long and it hasnt happened they have lost all credibility, and no one listens to them any more

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I buy all my full auto machine guns, Claymore mines, bazookas, LAWS rockets, Surface to Air missiles, ICBM's, MIRV warheads and 1000 mega-ton fusion bombs on e-bay! Doesn't everyone?

^ It's a joke... call back the black helicopters...repeat, it's a joke!

You can't buy those on ebay but you can buy: raccoon penis bones, mummified red foxes, freeze dried mice, dermestid beetle colony starter kits for skull cleaning, chrome look fox skulls with sharks teeth, taxidermy squirrels with toy guns, and jaw casts of rottweilers.

Peaceful John

May 31, 2011
    So the head of the Brady campaign is on tv saying only 60% of gun sales in the US ever go through the backround check

If 40% of gun sales -- that's quite a lot of guns -- don't get backgrounded, and gun fatalities being less than, what, swimming deaths it would seem quiet persuasive support for the concept that no background checks are really necessary.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I think it's a bald-faced lie.

The Big Lie worked for Goebbels, why not for the Bradys?

Does anyone remember all the claims that, every year on Super Bowl Sunday, across America, hospital emergency rooms were packed with battered women, beaten senseless by men excited by football. This claim was frequently repeated: radical feminists insisted it was true.

These Brady lies are more of the same.

I found the source of that statistic. It from a 1997 study by the National Institute of Justice. It is based on a telephone survey. For the 251 respondents that acquired either a handgun or a long rifle in 1993 or 1994, the breakout was:

What Best Describes How You Obtained Your Gun?
    Bought it - 73 percent
    Received it as a gift - 19
    Traded something for it - 3
    Inherited it - 5

From What Source Did You Obtain This Gun?
    Gun store - 43 percent
    Pawnshop - 6
    Other store - 11
    Gun show or flea market - 4
    Through the mail - 3
    Member of the family - 17
    Friend or acquaintance - 12
    Other - 4

So, 43+6+11=60 percent.

Link: https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/165476.pdf

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    It's as absurd as when MADD got the drunk driving limits dropped from 1.0 to 0.8. It did essentially nothing except get them donations, make them appear science-y, and got them on 'serious' tv shows.
    More precisely, it did nothing to accomplish their stated goal (reduce accidents from drunk driving). It did a whole lot to accomplish their actual goal (require more people to be teetotalers).

e40bib

Feb 13, 2011
    I buy all my full auto machine guns, Claymore mines, bazookas, LAWS rockets, Surface to Air missiles, ICBM's, MIRV warheads and 1000 mega-ton fusion bombs on e-bay! Doesn't everyone?

^ It's a joke... call back the black helicopters...repeat, it's a joke!

What about your armor piercing, heat seeking, exploding 50 cal rounds?:lol:

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    The second amendment can have limits. As a society we have decided that some rights are limited in some situations.

The Supreme Court has handed us a few things to help. We have an individual right to bear arms for the purpose of self defense.

So a few points in retort to your fine post:
    1. I agree with limits on the second amendment when set forth by the Supreme Court in a non-politicized objective manner. Not much of that happening on the Supreme Court lately...

2. I don't think the 2A has anything to do with self defense (or hunting). The 2A is there to allow us citizens to arm ourselves so that our govt can never opress or subjugate us (without a fight). That's why I am bothered when I hear politicians (including Republicans) say things like "I support the right to protect yourself from crime and I support the grand tradition of hunting, but people really don't need AK47s for those purposes". That statement is in fact true - you don't need an AK to hunt - but that's not why we have the right to keep AKs. It's so when troops armed with military weapons come knocking (see Syria et al) you have arms that give you a fighting chance against them - so you don't have to fight back with a Ruger LCP against a M16.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    So a few points in retort to your fine post:
    1. I agree with limits on the second amendment when set forth by the Supreme Court in a non-politicized objective manner. Not much of that happening on the Supreme Court lately...

I don't like it for that reason as well as handing over power to an unelected and nearly unimpeachable body. No thanks. You think it's tough overturning a bad law? Try overturning bad SCOTUS precedent.

2. I don't think the 2A has anything to do with self defense (or hunting).

You are, without a doubt, correct. BTW, shouldn't we be expecting some reply basically like "haw haw, how are you gonna fight the US Army with your little private gun collection?" (Ignoring that a successful revolution would have many members of the military and law enforcement abandoning their posts. US, 1860-1865 is a prime example)

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    In the very very literal sense the Bradys are correct-you can purchase(out of state) without going through a background check. However, it has to be sent to an FFL in your state where you have to go through a background check in order to pick it up.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    In the very very literal sense the Bradys are correct-you can purchase(out of state) without going through a background check. However, it has to be sent to an FFL in your state where you have to go through a background check in order to pick it up.

A fact which they conveniently obfuscate out of any literature they present as it does not paint the picture they want to display to the masses.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Interviewing the Brady Campaign to discuss guns, is like interviewing the Ku Klux Klan to discuss civil rights.

Last edited:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    May I suggest that all these comments be sent via email bombardment directly to the Brady organization; let them know that someone's not buying into their crap.......here it's just preachin' to the choir

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom