• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    went to the cop shop today (no affiliation) and they have a brand new saiga there for $535... drums for ~$70... talk about buyers remourse... i paid more for my gun and drums... oh well...

Looks like i'll have to buy a couple of pistols at their amazing prices to make up for it :party29:

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    are you sure they are brand new MDarms drums for $70 and not promags? ill be running people over in traffic if they are the MD's...

EDIT: they dont show the drums on their website, but do show the Saiga's and at the price of 535. However, the picture they show has two Saiga's...on unconverted and one converted...535 unconverted is average but can be had for ~$50 less. But thats a darn good converted price. Prez, can you perhaps let us know if its converted or not along with clarifying on the drums?

DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    Sammy told me it was an MD drum but he didnt have any to show me. I already have two anyway. The price of $535 is unconverted but there is a guy he knows around annapolis that can do the conversions if anyone is interested.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Can someone explain what conversions are done and the benefit of them?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    so how's promag drum?

No major complaints from anyone who's tried the ProMag drums, but lots of skeptics. Their AK and S-12 mags are inferior. MD Arms is still running their $100 pre-order special, I'd get one of those instead.

Can someone explain what conversions are done and the benefit of them?

Primarily, conversion from Monte Carlo-style stock to pistol grip (back to the way Izshmash intended it to be). But there are tons of other mods from custom flash hiders to magwell conversions to left-side bolt handles and beyond.

DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    FWIW: i ordered two MD Arms drums for my new saiga and they dont fit. other MD arms drums didnt fit either... its no big deal as they can be easily modified but just throwing it out there. (factory mags and my 12 round mags fit just fine... )

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom