• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Now that unserialized firearms are illegal in MD, Hair Bear the Boy Mayor will be suing the company "Polymer80" for creating a public health crisis??

HTH can he sue for things that happened prior to being made illegal?!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You can sue over anything in this country. Whether have claims have merit is another story.

The goal isn’t necessarily to win. Rather, it’s to kill Polymer80 by bleeding them dry. Polymer80 is in a lot of lawsuits right now. I’m still trying to find the complaint.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The City has sued not only Polymer 80, but also Hanover Armory.
    I've attached a printout of the docket.

Attachments

• Baltimore v Polymer80 docket 060122.pdf
      60.9 KB · Views: 329

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Counter-sue for frivolous lawsuit.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Question,, Can the mayor, city council, DA be sued over their failure to prosecute repeat violent offenders ?

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Yep, inanimate objects are the problem. It's not a cultural thing like fatherless homes, generations of welfare, selfishness, disregard for others or glamorizing of crime.
    Go get em Hoss.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Question,, Can the mayor, city council, DA be sued over their failure to prosecute repeat violent offenders ?
    No but a Judge or Judges should issue a writ of mandamus and order Marilyn Mosby to prosecute the classes of crime she refuses to deal with (i.e. narcotics, trespassing, defecating on the sidewalk etc). Unfortunately, the judiciary is complacent and profits from the dysfunction just like the executive and legislative branches here in Maryland so, of course, they do nothing.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County

I am sure there is some type of qualified immunity ******** to prevent that. Plus, even if they do get sued, and even if the suit is successful, it's not like it will be their money that gets paid out. It will be the taxpayers.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    No but a Judge or Judges should issue a writ of mandamus and order Marilyn Mosby to prosecute the classes of crime she refuses to deal with (i.e. narcotics, trespassing, defecating on the sidewalk etc). Unfortunately, the judiciary is complacent and profits from the dysfunction just like the executive and legislative branches here in Maryland so, of course, they do nothing.

BPD isn’t devoid of culpability either. Still a lot of wrongful stops. I hear a lot living down here.

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    Would be difficult. Federal law provides for access to federal courts for civil suits against state officials who violate due process rights. Policy decisions by elected executives or professional decisions not to prosecute, however controversial, are not the sort of issues that are typically adjudicated. Typically the DOJ investigates local authorities for failure to prosecute when the facts suggest racial bias against a victim, such as failure to prosecute KKK members who commit crimes. This isn't that kind of situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom