• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Anyone have any positive feedback on anyone who does a brass service exchange.

I'm looking to see what my options are for getting a large flat rate box of 556 and another of 9mm cleaned, swaged, Trimmed, and deburred. But does anyone do it in exchange for keeping a portion of the shipment? I'm looking to thin out some 556 and 9mm and have limited time at the moment for prep.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Don't know any that do it on a percentage retained basis. Know a couple of guys who process in relatively high volume for their machine guns but I have no idea if they'd bite on something like this. If you are looking for primer-ready brass, you will likely have better luck with the 9mm bulk processing as the 556 takes a lot more work (as you are clearly aware). If the 9mm brass is commercial and doesn't need the crimps removed I suspect that I can find one of the squirt gun boys to do it, just not sure if they'd accept material or want cash/trade.

The brass services I know are more oriented towards precision stuff (case forming, uniforming operations, neck turning, annealing, etc.)

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD

I looked through all of them and unless I missed it none of them allow you to turn in brass for a credit on services. That is what my question is, of course I Googled it and I only came up with one place, blue ridge brass, that allows you to turn in brass as a credit towards services.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I Have never heard of a commercial service that would do this.

I know over on Sniper's Hide, there were a couple of people offering this for a portion of the brass.

I thought I had a lot more 9mm mil brass, and there was a guy that offered to process it for about 1/3 of the brass I sent. So send 1500, get back 1000 processed.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I doubt you'll find anyone commercial who will do it on the terms you're looking for. Most of these places would have to keep all of your brass to make it profitable. :P I looked into doing brass processing briefly as a side gig, and I simply didn't see much of a way to make it sufficiently profitable once you accounted for time and equipment costs (autodrive), never mind that processing has its own consumables (decap pins, lube, sizing pins, trimmer cutters, etc.).

Also, you don't need to prep your 9mm brass. Even crimped 9mm brass will generally take a primer. Just clean it and load it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom