• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    After FSA2013 was passed, I wasn't going to jump through the hoops to get an HQL, I have plenty in the safe right...wrong so back in May at Baltimore's Best Pawn the wife saw something in the case she decided I needed (so she can shoot it at the range with me). I said no, didn't have a HQL couldn't get it. Well it itched away in the back of my mind for a couple of days. So I jumped through the hoops, then went and put down a deposit and as long as I was putting one on deposit I figured why not get 2 and only fill out the paperwork once. Yesterday I picked them up after what seemed like forever.

First up what my decided I needed: S&W Model 65-1
    DSCI0007.jpg

And my first Sig a P227 SAS
    DSCI0001.jpg

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Good for you.
    I'm not letting a law I dislike keep me from ever buying another handgun. That's what they want and I'm not going along with it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That 227. My next pistola. Well, my next one is the 229 I am picking up from Duffys next week. But after that.....

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    A 229?
    How many is too many?

One is the work gun, that doesn't count. Looks like retirement this year and they don't allow us to buy our pistols. The pistol is basically unfired, maybe 100 or 200 rounds through it. I just did a function test and wrote it up.
    So you tell me, a new (non rail. a unicorn) P229, both SIG brand barrels .40 & .357 and six real good mags, $599. ummm, hello?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    One is the work gun, that doesn't count. Looks like retirement this year and they don't allow us to buy our pistols. The pistol is basically unfired, maybe 100 or 200 rounds through it. I just did a function test and wrote it up.
    So you tell me, a new (non rail. a unicorn) P229, both SIG brand barrels .40 & .357 and six real good mags, $599. ummm, hello?

I hope you retire with a stash of 357 sig ammo or else that is going to totally screw up your retirement budget. I have a feeling you'll be ok though.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD

That's a really good price for the 229 & both barrels. But you'll need to get more than 6 magazines before you retire!

is it a DA/SA, DAO, or DAK?

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD

The 65's are really nice guns. You are going to love it.

When the Mass State Police started transitioning to pistols, a lot of their 65's ended up in the local guns shops for a decent price and were in pretty good shape. Wish I had picked a few up at the time :(

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    It's my first K frame, seems very light, compared to my L frame and gp100. Which maybe why my wife liked it so much. Also bought some 38's, I've always just shot 357 magnums.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That's a really good price for the 229 & both barrels. But you'll need to get more than 6 magazines before you retire!

is it a DA/SA, DAO, or DAK?

DA/SA. Normal mags are 12 rounders anyway. I may or may not have collected a few mags from work over the years. I only need 3 at a time anyway.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    After FSA2013 was passed, I wasn't going to jump through the hoops to get an HQL, I have plenty in the safe right...wrong so back in May at Baltimore's Best Pawn the wife saw something in the case she decided I needed (so she can shoot it at the range with me). I said no, didn't have a HQL couldn't get it. Well it itched away in the back of my mind for a couple of days. So I jumped through the hoops, then went and put down a deposit and as long as I was putting one on deposit I figured why not get 2 and only fill out the paperwork once. Yesterday I picked them up after what seemed like forever.

And my first Sig a P227 SAS

I can see how resistance must have been futile. The 65-1 appears to be in great shape. Had to look up the 227 - seems nicely reviewed.

... The pistol is basically unfired, maybe 100 or 200 rounds through it. I just did a function test and wrote it up.

Yeah, awesome price given all you got. :thumbsup: Would have been a good price for the gun in just .40 with 3 mags. I need to visit Duffys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom