• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Thanks. I didn't realize that. Guess they'll have time for a nationwide search then.

There are a handful of deputy chiefs. One of them is going to be appointed acting and keep the lights on until a 'permanent' (as much as there is something like that in municipal policing) is found.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    There are a handful of deputy chiefs. One of them is going to be appointed acting and keep the lights on until a 'permanent' (as much as there is something like that in municipal policing) is found.
    My guess, is Will Manlapez. Not great, by any means, but, he’s Hispanic, a Deputy Chief and a yes man.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Once you reach that rank, you can't avoid politics. I understand that. Contee never lost sight of why he became a cop. I wish him great success in his new role. I pray he can be a positive influence in a once great institution.
    Very true. Actually politics flow further down the food chain in police departments than the PC.
    Sad that DC lost someone who could've made a big impact as PC.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Assuming they promote from within, who’s the most likely replacement from this MPD Leadership list?:

Of the bunch, I've met Asst Chief Carroll when he had special ops and I didn't know Bagshaw had made Commander. Guessing he took Glover's spot?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Vs

Here we go…

He probably can’t wait for this to be over.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Ok, I was wrong on two counts. Will Manlipez just retired. He was in my academy class. And, there aren’t 3,100 guns issued, right now. There’s only 3,000 issued. That means there are only 3,000 police officers, of any rank or status, on MPD!!! Period! That is dangerously low!!! Verified yesterday. The current academy class, only has 6 recruits. Far more that that, are retiring, each month. I’m starting to believe, that this is the master plan, anyway. If we’ve learned anything from history, the next thing to happen, is that the military, may soon step in for a more active roll, of policing America. Or do I sound like one of those weird conspiracy nuts? One things for certain, though, very few people want the liability, that is assured, as a Police Officer.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Ok, I was wrong on two counts. Will Manlipez just retired. He was in my academy class. And, there aren’t 3,100 guns issued, right now. There’s only 3,000 issued. That means there are only 3,000 police officers, of any rank or status, on MPD!!! Period! That is dangerously low!!! Verified yesterday. The current academy class, only has 6 recruits. Far more that that, are retiring, each month. I’m starting to believe, that this is the master plan, anyway. If we’ve learned anything from history, the next thing to happen, is that the military, may soon step in for a more active roll, of policing America. Or do I sound like one of those weird conspiracy nuts? One things for certain, though, very few people want the liability, that is assured, as a Police Officer.
    Yikes. That sounds pretty bad.

Here are the staffing reports for FY2023: https://mpdc.dc.gov/page/mpd-staffing-reports-fy2023

April 2023 (PDF): https://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/f...tent/attachments/Staffing_Report_APR_2023.pdf

Total (Not Including Recruits): 3,247
    Grand Total (Including Recruits): 3,362

I’m curious what the current gun mix is. Are most of those Glock 19’s Gen 3 or Gen 5?

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Yikes. That sounds pretty bad.

Here are the staffing reports for FY2023: https://mpdc.dc.gov/page/mpd-staffing-reports-fy2023

April 2023 (PDF): https://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/f...tent/attachments/Staffing_Report_APR_2023.pdf

Total (Not Including Recruits): 3,247
    Grand Total (Including Recruits): 3,362

I’m curious what the current gun mix is. Are most of those Glock 19’s Gen 3 or Gen 5?
    MPD relies heavily upon civilian support. Crime scene search, administrative, pilots, communications, etc. Even the second in charge, LeAnne Turner, Chief Operating Officer, is a civilian. Guns issued (Glock 19’s and 17’s) are being fazed into gen V’s. I’m telling you, MPD has always fudged their numbers.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    That's baffling.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    MPD relies heavily upon civilian support. Crime scene search, administrative, pilots, communications, etc. Even the second in charge, LeAnne Turner, Chief Operating Officer, is a civilian. Guns issued (Glock 19’s and 17’s) are being fazed into gen V’s. I’m telling you, MPD has always fudged their numbers.
    Is the Mayor fully aware of the numbers being fudged by MPD?

I'm amazed nobody's blown the whistle on it if this is really happening.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    This last Staffing and Attrition Data Report was released for March 2023:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom