• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Well crap, I just noticed that the trigger guard on one of my M48's is broken. I took it out of the stock the other day to clean off the remaining cosmo and I am pretty sure it was not broken before. It was stuck in the stock pretty tight with dried cosmoline and I had to pull on it pretty hard to get it out. I eased it out a little at a time and I don't think i pulled on it hard enough to crack it but it's cracked now. Dang it! I don't think it would be safe to shoot the way it is now. It is cracked partway through on both sides of the trigger guard/floorplate right between the magazine and the trigger guard. I guess I'm going to have to find a new one. Any ideas? I haven't been able to find a replacement online yet.

Attachments

• broken mauser.jpg
      broken mauser.jpg
      44.2 KB · Views: 218
    • broken mauser 2.jpg
      broken mauser 2.jpg
      44.7 KB · Views: 195
    • P1020234.jpg
      P1020234.jpg
      22.9 KB · Views: 186

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Would that be safe to shoot? I mean I don't think anything catastrophic would happen but that is pretty much the only thing holding the action in the stock. I imagine some sharp recoil could finish that crack off.

Your trigger guard is a non structural part.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Come on, Budman. What's with you and these Yugo's? First the SKS and now this. I would try to fix it first with one of the methods mentioned, then buy a replacement if it breaks. It seems really cheap that it would break like that.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Come on, Budman. What's with you and these Yugo's? First the SKS and now this. I would try to fix it first with one of the methods mentioned, then buy a replacement if it breaks. It seems really cheap that it would break like that.

Yeah my luck with the Yugo's hasn't been the best. I have a friend who can tig weld it so I will probably try that first.

I think I about have the SKS fixed though so there is that :D. Only one broken Yugo at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom