• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I was reading my Guns and Ammo last night and saw that Browning intends to release its 1911a1 in 380 ACP. I can't find anything on the web about it. Currently, Browning offers this configuration only in a 22LR (called the 1911-22 A1). It's an 85% scaled version of the full-sized 1911a1. I have the 1911-22 and love it, so I am very excited for the release of the 380. It's an expesive toy, really, but very fun to shoot. Unlike some of my friends who have full sized 1911s in 22LR, I have never had a FTF or FTE using any kind of ammo (standard velocity or HV). My friends, on the other hand, always experience some FTFs, even when using HV ammo. The only things I don't like about my pistol are (i) the sights (front site is black and the space between the rear blades is narrow, making it difficult to acquire a target, especially at an indoor range) and (ii) the frame is aluminum and the finish wears pretty easily. Since I bought it, Browning has come out with composite frames.

Has anyone seen anything further on this future release?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Not an answer to your question but the C&R guys were talking about the LLama 1911 in 380 a recent thread.

Rock Island is supposed to come out with one
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/video/first-look-rock-island-armory-a380-baby-rock/

Not quite a 1911 but Browning made the 1922 in 380
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=443699651

They updated the 1910, which looks like a 1922 without sites in 1955 in 380.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction
    /ViewItem.aspx?Item=445693844

Can you tell I like 1922 Brownings and Colt 1903's?

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    SA also produces a 1911 patten pistol in 9x19 (EMP?) which is reduced in some dimensions to work around that cartridge and concealed carry. Same concept, more powerful cartridge.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Colt Pocketlite/Mustang is a .380 mini-1911.

The Sig P238 is almost the same pistol.

The Sig P938 is a 9mm Para (9x19) mini-1911.

Been done.

Last edited:

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Colt Pocketlite/Mustang is a .380 mini-1911.

The Sig P239 is almost the same pistol.

The Sig P938 is a 9mm Para (9x19) mini-1911.

Been done.

I never said it hasn't been done - that wasn't my point or question - but it hasn't been done like a Browning. With that said, the pocketlite is a pocket pistol toy gun that looks like a 1911 dwarf. The P239 is "almost" a Glock. Not even close to a 1911. The P938 ain't 380 ACP and it's just another lady's purse pistol that looks like a midget. The Browning looks like a 1911, functions like a 1911, and is a 1911 - just at 85% of a full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I've never handled the other pistols mentioned in this thread, but the old small frame, locking breech .380 Llamas really were pretty much a scaled down 1911. Other than external extractor, everything looks & works the same.

Attachments

• Llama 2.jpg
      Llama 2.jpg
      56.4 KB · Views: 278

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    I never said it hasn't been done - that wasn't my point or question - but it hasn't been done like a Browning. With that said, the pocketlite is a pocket pistol toy gun that looks like a 1911 dwarf. The P239 is "almost" a Glock. Not even close to a 1911. The P938 ain't 380 ACP and it's just another lady's purse pistol that looks like a midget. The Browning looks like a 1911, functions like a 1911, and is a 1911 - just at 85% of a full size.

Sorry. Have to disagree. The P239 is nothing like a Glock.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    Yeah? They look pretty similar. A few tweaks here and there. It looks nothing like a 1911.

Here's the thing. I posted a pretty specific post and asked a pretty freaking specific question. Why TF are we arguing about a SIG??

Move along. Nothing to see here. Football is on.

When football is over, please reread the thread in it's entirety and if you think a P239 resembles a Glock in any way, I hope you wear prescription glasses when you shoot.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    Oy vey.

Read your thread on a real computer and maybe you'll understand where my comments came from.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It don't know about the Browning , but its been done by COLT . The .380 G'ovt Mdl , aka the parent of the later Mustang. Even had a year or two of cult almost popularity at the start of the modern CCW era.

And yes , it was a fine pistol . About as good a american designed full size .380 in a generation or two.

( I could discuss actual 1911's in .380acp , but nobody would believe me.)

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Oy vey.

Read your thread on a real computer and maybe you'll understand where my comments came from.

http://youtu.be/P1ZCYwUeKzg

Don't oy vey me so close to Yom Kippur.

I asked if anyone had any info on the Browning release. You start telling me about Sigs and Colts. I don't think I'm the one who lost my baseball.

Go Cowboys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom