• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    I saw this earlier today. (I tried to do a search and didn't see it mentioned anywhere else).

Browning Ends Hi-Power Handgun Production

In February 2018, Browning announced its Hi-Power pistols are no longer in production. “Current dealer inventories will be the last available from Browning for the foreseeable future,” the website explains. Supply is scarce, however, because availability to dealers ended sometime in 2017. New Mark IIIs or Standards are easiest to find because they were the last models to come out of the factory.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I thought they stopped a couple years ago and just farmed out production to other manufactures

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    What a shame - the granddaddy of the modern 9 m/m and my favorite Browning handgun. I guess the plastic krunchentickers were just too much competition.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Other countries make them under license, FM of Argentine for example. They'll take up the slack.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Browning ( and presumably FN ) are stopping production for foreseeable future , but still leaves plenty of Hi Powers .

FM of Argentina , as noted , makes 100% correct pistols under license.

Philippines, Hungary, Bulgaria , and Israel all make various Hi Power "clones " , that vary from nearly exact , to significantly changed DA/SA designs.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    I have an Argentinian I bought from Lou some years back. Have several 9 mm's but the Argentinian is my favorite.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    As far as military service goes, pretty impressive resume:

Browning Hi-Power pistols were used during World War II by both Allied and Axis forces, and produced for Nationalist Chinese use against the Japanese.
    Post WWII, it was adopted as the standard service pistol by over 93 countries.
    At one time most NATO nations used it, and it was standard issue to forces throughout the British Commonwealth.
    As of last year, the MK1 version remained the standard service pistol of the Canadian Armed Forces.
    It is also still the standard sidearm of the Belgian Army, Indian Army, Indonesian Armed Forces, Australian Defense Force, Argentine Army, Luxembourg Army, Israel Police, and Venezuelan Army, among others.

Now that is a track record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom