• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Not surprisingly the Baltimore Sun thinks the current 16-week delays are reasonable. On June 10th they also said 10 weeks were also reasonable. Given that they are 100% anti-Bill of Rights, I'm sure they think 100 weeks would also be just fine.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-gun-check-backlog-20130804,0,6835360.story

To read the BS paper website, once the page opens and you can see the text, press ESC on your computer to stop the pop-up blocker that unnecessarily asks whether you want to subscribe.

Reading the Sun is like reading the Völkischer Beobachter without knowing any German!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I put the BS in my cat's litter box and he refused to use it. I asked him why and he said it would be redundant

:sad20:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Any "newspaper" that considers what Dan Rodericks and the Sun's own editors have to say serious can't be taken serious - its little more than bird cage propaganda. There is so much garbage written in it I won't even use it to eat crabs on for fear of getting so pissed off it will ruin an otherwise enjoyable meal.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The Baltimore Sun's reckless journalists have caused much more damage to our state than the entire gun industry could ever do. The pen is mightier than the sword.

Journalists should be subjected to background checks, fingerprinting, training, and licensing before they ever get near a keyboard.

SmithWesson66

Feb 28, 2009
    I said it in another thread, and I'll say it in this on. 75-80k applications means gun buyers are paying $750,000 to $800,000 to the state to process their applications. The state is CHOOSING not to have more than 5 employees process these. How many other businesses can you think off that would get 80 thousands orders worth $800k in new sales(mostly profit), and not ramp up their staff......

TimGB

Jul 10, 2011
    That was hard to read and so full of misinformation it is sad.

I like how he says that gun dealers are making a fortune on laws they claim to despise. I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean. I guess he thinks that dealers should be so happy about the new gun ban resulting in short term sales spike that they should be more than willing to wait months to release. Forget the impact to these same dealers after 10/1.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    The hell is this? Nice reporting guys. I guess they thought it would be too dangerous to go near one of these "immoral gun dealers" and ask about their side of the story. Or were the FFLs all too busy laughing manically while counting their money to comment? And they certainly couldn't ask the "irrational" gun buyers about it since they're all probably criminals anyway. :sarcasm:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Especially loved the line about dealers being impatient about 100 days not being good enough...

The article was so full of distortions felt like I was in the clown house.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Make your comments ONLINE ... Overwhelm them with counter-arguments.

To read the BS paper website, once the page opens and you can see the text, press ESC on your computer to stop the pop-up blocker that unnecessarily asks whether you want to subscribe.

You can also use IE9 'In-private browsing' - Ctrl-LeftShift-P to do that too.

Bitching here won't get the point across.

Feb 28, 2013
    Any "newspaper" that considers what Dan Rodericks and the Sun's own editors have to say serious can't be taken serious - its little more than bird cage propaganda. There is so much garbage written in it I won't even use it to eat crabs on for fear of getting so pissed off it will ruin an otherwise enjoyable meal.

Dan Rod-dicks can take a long walk off a short cliff.

The Baltimore Scum isn't fit to be used as toilet paper.

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    I sometimes get solicitors for the Balt Sun for subscriptions. I tell them I would never support their paper and hope they go out of business because of their anti gun, pro criminal opinions.

Feb 28, 2013
    Hmm... Might think about it if they enclose extra pictures of Rod-dicks and Leonard the Pitts that I can use for target practice.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I won't do the B.S. the favor of clicking on anything on their domain.

Clicks = revenue.

The Baltimore Sun is a tired, nearly dead tabloid / Democratic party rag, masquerading as a newspaper. Let it die - and may the careers of Rodricks, Simon, and all the Sun's other mediocre, left-wing, America-hating shills, die along with it.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I think it's reasonable to impose 16-week delays for reviewing Baltimore Sun daily papers before allowing them to be sold. If anti-2A is good for them, then they should have no problem with anti-1A.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I said it in another thread, and I'll say it in this on. 75-80k applications means gun buyers are paying $750,000 to $800,000 to the state to process their applications. The state is CHOOSING not to have more than 5 employees process these. How many other businesses can you think off that would get 80 thousands orders worth $800k in new sales(mostly profit), and not ramp up their staff......
    I didn't bother to read this article (pretty much know what it will say). but I would bet they don't talk about the amount of revenue enhancement to the state in the form of sales taxes from the sale of these firearms that will likely cease after October.
    That was hard to read and so full of misinformation it is sad.

I like how he says that gun dealers are making a fortune on laws they claim to despise. I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean. I guess he thinks that dealers should be so happy about the new gun ban resulting in short term sales spike that they should be more than willing to wait months to release. Forget the impact to these same dealers after 10/1.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

The dealers do need to make the extra cash now and save up for after Oct., but I doubt the state will save the extra revenue we're paying in sales tax many of us would not be paying if it weren't for this idiot law.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Whenever I'd be up late at night, I'd hear the Sun delivery guy driving up and down the street around 4am, and I'd hear the papers land on the sidewalks as they were thrown from the truck. About ten years ago, I'd say every other house took delivery. After a few years, it was down to one or two houses total. I haven't seen the guy in 2-3 years now. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom