• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IF you can find one, jump on a TC Compass. They used to sell for <$300 then they stopped making them. After production stopped is when people started realizing they were incredible rifles at K-Mart prices.
    The joke among Compass owners is if they sold for $600 (vs. $300) everybody would want one. Most people assumed that a sub $300 deer rifle must be crap. These things were the ultimate "under the radar" rifle. @4g64loser has shot mine and was very impressed for the price point.
    They're on Gunbroker (used) quite often.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    I have 4 Ruger Americans, in 223, 243, 30-06, and 6.5 CM.
    By far the most accurate rifles out of the box I have ever owned.
    With a cheap scope and a box of decent ammo they are shockingly accurate on your first range trip. I can't speak for the Gen 2 models, mine are half Standard and half Predator models, but overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a RA to anybody, from a new beginner to a seasoned hunter.
    Great rifles.
    BTW- every one of mine was purchased under $400.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    IF you can find one, jump on a TC Compass. They used to sell for <$300 then they stopped making them. After production stopped is when people started realizing they were incredible rifles at K-Mart prices.
    The joke among Compass owners is if they sold for $600 (vs. $300) everybody would want one. Most people assumed that a sub $300 deer rifle must be crap. These things were the ultimate "under the radar" rifle. @4g64loser has shot mine and was very impressed for the price point.
    They're on Gunbroker (used) quite often.
    Can confirm. Very accurate for the price. Certainly had some irritating quirks (looking at you, wobbly/sticky/PITA bolt) but the prices were amazing and the triggers were decent, even better with mcarbo parts.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Howa...

uvjU3qw.jpg

I'll see your howa and raise you two ruger americans (308 & 300blk)

53108521594_0a09d013c4_b.jpg

53443450759_76acab7a23_b.jpg

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Working on a Ruger American in .300 right now. Have 7.62x39 and 5.56 covered though...

ewOCb36h.jpg

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Picked up my Ruger American Gen 2 in 308 yesterday from brick and mortar store. went to
    3-4 dealers before found one who could get one for me, only took a couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom