• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Finally got ammo in... gonna take her out to AGC tomorrow morning and get it sighted in and punch some paper....

I'll let you all know how it goes......

On another note... got my powder and bullets in today as well so I can reload my brass as finding in-stock ammo is getting harder and harder to find...

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    working great....

Took the rifle to AGC this morning, had absolutely no problems with the rifle, no FTF or FTE.. just ran smooth....

All went well setting the EoTech up at 25 yards... then moved target back to 100 yards and realized one small error on my part...with the EoTech reticle, and using a target with red aiming spots, it gets a bit hard to see the dot against the red aiming spot....

Will make sure that I use a different color next time... but even with the issue, it works pretty good....(middle of target was the last 20 rounds) pretty decent group for the first time with the rifle and doing 20 rounds fairly quickly (just waiting for rifle to settle before firing the next round)

The rounds around the other aiming points were adjusting from 25 to 100 yards....

Attachments

• target.jpg
      target.jpg
      78.3 KB · Views: 111

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    Looks great and I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of rifles with the same lower. Mine are all FDE so at least we won't get mixed up.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Thanks.... I was impressed with the lower when it all went together... nice tight fit and the finish matched the upper pretty close.. cannot really tell they are different...

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    So glad I bought .300blk ammo when I did. It's not going to be a problem to reload, but I didn't have to hunt down my first 500 rounds, just kind of fell into my lap.

dungslinger

Jan 31, 2013
    Martinsburg, WV
    Your latest build is pretty. How do you like the EOtech magnifier system? Have you ever used an ACOG; if have what do how do you feel about the differences? I love the ubr stock and may get another one for the upcoming build.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have an Eotecjh Exps 3 and G33 magnifier on my DD 300 BLK. It's fine for out to about 200-250 yards . The flip to the side magnifier works well if you need to transition to a less than 100 yard shot and don't want to refocus the magnifier. I have 3 sets of them on my AR's in 223, 308 and 300 BLK.

dungslinger

Jan 31, 2013
    Martinsburg, WV
    I have an Eotecjh Exps 3 and G33 magnifier on my DD 300 BLK. It's fine for out to about 200-250 yards . The flip to the side magnifier works well if you need to transition to a less than 100 yard shot and don't want to refocus the magnifier. I have 3 sets of them on my AR's in 223, 308 and 300 BLK.

Ok I only ask because me being a Marine I have extensive use with the ACOG/RCO. I was thinking of going this route due to cost, although I do love the ACOG. Thanks

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I have tried ACOGs on friends rifles...but personally I like the EoTech with the flip magnifier so I can go from close to long range with a quick flip...

ACOGs are good...just prefer the EoTech with magnifier...

BTW I completely understand wanting an ACOG due to your familiarity with it...you were lucky...when i was in the Corps we didnt have any of that fancy stuff...just M16 A2s or I also carried a M249 SAW...all had iron sights only...no fancy glass for us back then...

dungslinger

Jan 31, 2013
    Martinsburg, WV
    I have tried ACOGs on friends rifles...but personally I like the EoTech with the flip magnifier so I can go from close to long range with a quick flip...

ACOGs are good...just prefer the EoTech with magnifier...

BTW I completely understand wanting an ACOG due to your familiarity with it...you were lucky...when i was in the Corps we didnt have any of that fancy stuff...just M16 A2s or I also carried a M249 SAW...all had iron sights only...no fancy glass for us back then...

I understand my first sand box trip was iron sights which were fine then but the eyes are not what they once were despite what the Navy says. I may just try out a set up like yours.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Try getting the EoTech from Primary Arms...I got the one for the 300 from them and got their gen2 6x magnifier for an additional $90 I think it was, and then added the flip mount...not as good as the EoTech G33 magnifier..but clear in the center and can bore sight the reticle in the magnifier...saved $400 by going this way....

Not taking anything at all away from the EoTech G33 magnifier which has crystal clear glass...but a bit more magnification for a lot less money.....

I have the XPS 2-2 with the G33 on my 5.56 carbine and love it...just gave the Primary Arms one a try this time...

If you ever get up to AGC...let me know...i will let you take one of them for a spin to see how you like it..

dungslinger

Jan 31, 2013
    Martinsburg, WV
    Try getting the EoTech from Primary Arms...I got the one for the 300 from them and got their gen2 6x magnifier for an additional $90 I think it was, and then added the flip mount...not as good as the EoTech G33 magnifier..but clear in the center and can bore sight the reticle in the magnifier...saved $400 by going this way....

Not taking anything at all away from the EoTech G33 magnifier which has crystal clear glass...but a bit more magnification for a lot less money.....

I have the XPS 2-2 with the G33 on my 5.56 carbine and love it...just gave the Primary Arms one a try this time...

If you ever get up to AGC...let me know...i will let you take one of them for a spin to see how you like it..

Sounds great! Thank you

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Came out pretty good, just waiting on ammo right now to sight it in and get used to it...

I feel you pain. I have a nice 300 here, just waiting to be fed. (guess I'm a little late, didn't realize you had ammo on the way!)

Nice looking rig by the way!

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I feel you pain. I have a nice 300 here, just waiting to be fed. (guess I'm a little late, didn't realize you had ammo on the way!)

Nice looking rig by the way!

Thanks...

Yeah..I keep an eye on Gunbot for ammo prices... Brownells had some not too long ago made by Cooper Cartridge... it was 1.29 a round with 110g AMAX bullets.... bought 400 rounds..... put 100 through it this week to sight in...

Plan is to reload as much of the brass as I can find (100% so far:innocent0)

And plan to pick up more brass as I find it....or convert some of my .223...

We will see how it goes... looking forward to reloading and tailoring the rounds to the gun to see how much better it will get...only time will tell...

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Nice rifle, I really like the lower.

I have a 16" BLK with an AAC barrel that I built earlier this year.

I have great luck with Lil Gun in supersonic loads, the rifle cloverleafs at 100yds with 150gr Sierras.

It is very, very accurate with 125gr Nosler ballistic tips, these are probably the bullets I will hunt with if I take it out.

I'm still working on my subsonic loads, the rifle cycles fine with A1680 but the accuracy is pretty poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom