• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The Magpuls do better on drop tests. Beyond using tritium (Which is worthless IMO on a fighting carbine) I have never seen any benefit to Troys or any aluminum sight unless you run one off a gas block (Where Polymer Sights don't do well)

stovepipe

One Man Wolfpack
    Feb 12, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    I know it wasn't one of the choices listed, but I am a big fan of the Daniel Defense fixed sights. They are always ready if you have the proper co-witness so you get used to using them even with your optic on.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I know it wasn't one of the choices listed, but I am a big fan of the Daniel Defense fixed sights. They are always ready if you have the proper co-witness so you get used to using them even with your optic on.

:thumbsup:

They are nice sights but the rears cant be used in conjunction with a 1-4x or 1-6x Optic. Use of those are more for non magnified optic setups.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011

I agree man...If I am using a non-magnified optic then I'm using a DD Fixed rear with a lower 1/3rd co-witness. If I want to transition to my irons then I just drop my cheek weld slightly. Non need to take my eyes off the target and take the extra time to flip up a BUIS.

Like Chad said, magnified optics don't work well with fixed rear sights.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    FWIW, I just bought a set of Magpul's "Pro" back-up sights and I like them a lot. They're made of steel, but are very streamlined and possibly lighter than the Troy sights. The only feature Troy sights have that these do not is a locking upright position.

20130429-174305.jpg

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    I have MBUS on all my rifles except for one, which wears the MBUS Pro sights. The standard MBUS sights do just fine for backup sights, especially for the money. They're nice and do their job and are more sturdy than even iron sights - proved through several durability tests. However, I have to admit that the MBUS Pro sights are EXTREMELY nice, and are my favorite BUIS on the market right now. They just seem nicer, slimmer, and more refined than any other iron sights I've seen out there... including the Troy sights and LWRC Skirmish sights (which I like). The only possible exception would be the KAC iron sights, but I don't have any first hand experience with them.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    TROY! Skip the thick plastic. I ditched all my Magpul sights for KAC and MaTech and haven't looked back.

Opinion

Sent from Free America

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom