• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    Hello,

I will be a new hand gun owner (Glock 23) in a few days. I'm just waiting for the paperwork to go through. Does anyone have any experience with using Ultramax and Wolf bulk ammo with their Glock 23? Is there anything that I need to be aware of?

Ultramax

Wolf

Thanks,
    Jhason

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Unless I'm missing something, then no, there should be no problems. I've never used Ultramax and most Wolf I've ever used is dirty, but it functions just fine.

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    a glock 23 will pretty much eat up anything, from wolf ammo to rabbit turd to pinecones. I have owned glocks for 20 years and cannot remember one not firing what it was fed, and I have made some pretty shifty ammo choices over the years as well. Shoot it up, dude.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Avoid exposed lead bullets (or so I'm told), otherwise, yeah they'll eat anything. My Glock 22 has never been known to be finnicky.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    some ultramax uses lead bullets, which as JoppaJ said should not be used (leading can cause overpressure and a kaboom especially in 40).

Other than that, it should run fine with crappy FMJ ammo. You might have to try a couple wal-marts to find them, but the 100rd value pack for $27 is probably the best deal going and is a whole lot better to run than wolf, and costs about the same. You can also save your brass, and either reload it yourself, or sell it to a reloader to recoup some of the cost.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The only time my Glocks don't shoot is when I forget to refill the primer tube...I know...I KNOW!!....but it has happened I'm ashamed to say!!

The worst part of that is trying to get powder back in through the primer hole. J/K I'm starting to have a nice collection of primerless and/or powderless ammo.

My G23 has fired everthing I've put through it. It has always been jacketed ammo though.

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    I've shot a lot of different ammo out of my glock 23. IT LOVES WOLF seriously. I never understand why people down play steel casings, maybe a valid point if you're reloading but i dont have the time for that stuff.

The only ammo i ever had a problem with in my g23 was the aguila stuff.. i think its the shape of the round but it gets hung up. Here's the post i made about it.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=13314

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Never had a problem with any ammo on my Glocks, I just tend to spend a little more and buy brass so i can reload and more now with the ammo going up and being hard to find.
    Wally Mart Winchester 100 rnd packs for $28.97 ($ i believe) is my favorite. Shoots pretty accurate, not as dirty as some and you pick up the good brass to reload. Problem is Walmarts have been out but i did recently pick up a few at Elkton store and there was a few there last night when i checked.

KDM™

Native Texan
    Jan 24, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Never had a problem with any ammo on my Glocks, I just tend to spend a little more and buy brass so i can reload and more now with the ammo going up and being hard to find.
    Wally Mart Winchester 100 rnd packs for $28.97 ($ i believe) is my favorite. Shoots pretty accurate, not as dirty as some and you pick up the good brass to reload. Problem is Walmarts have been out but i did recently pick up a few at Elkton store and there was a few there last night when i checked.

+1 for Walmart Winchester 100 round pack! Been feeding that through my Glock .23 since I got it. Works great and its pretty accurate too. Been real hard to find it lately though, so if you see any when youre there be sure to grab as much as you can afford. And ALWAYS check when youre there!

TheOctane

Jan 16, 2009
    Lutherville Maryland
    I went to Walmart in Hunt Valley (the super walmart) and they were CLEANED OUT of ammo....i mean out of 10 shelves at 8' each they had maybe 10 boxes of various ammo....mainly shotgun stuff.

Bulk is becoming a rare thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom