• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I didn't know what category to put this thread??

Other than law enforcement, security, military or training....why would someone want to buy a Bullet Proof Vest (Kevlar Flack Jacket etc)? Lately I've noticed a number of people selling or looking to buy them? Whats the fascination with them
    ?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Like so many things, I suspect it's for when the fecal matter hits the air circulation device.

Now where did I put my tactical tomahawk...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Because they are going to throw them on when they go outside and fight in the next Baltimore riots. And throw them on during a home invasion. And wear them to their tactical training. And buy molle gear to doll them up with to sit in the corner of their war room. And because they can. And for just in case.
    It's the next hot, unneeded thing man, get with it.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Similar to life insurance, tourniquets, spare underwear and crates of ammo I suppose. Would much rather have it and never need it than vice versa!

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I've got a whole safe full of things I don't need but, I wanted.

If I had disposable income, I'd get one.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Dang, I knew I needed something else, armor might be the ticket!

In all seriousness, the stuff is getting better and cheaper all the time. If one can afford it, why not?

My first deployment to Bosnia, we only had flak jackets, no plates for the beginning to issue modern hard armored vests. So my unit tasked me to research doing an emergency order for concealable body armor (as we often dressed down and wanted some protection). I worked up a deal with a company, and just before we made the bulk purchase, big Army said the cease, that they were finishing a major procurement of standardized armor. In the end the owner of the company offered to sell to us (privately) in the unit at the GSA price we had agreed upon. A couple of us followed through and bought it. So much of my first deployment I wore both, discrete concealable armor and a flak jacket.

For anyone who thinks their odds of going into harms way is higher than average, I do recommend it. I know several folks that have purchased for their military family members. A lot of guys bought 'Dragon Skin' when it was all the rage.

If you have armor, I recommend you wear it to the Zombie Shoot!

http://annapolisdefense.com/zombie/

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I know guys on this board who I respect greatly. At least one has full bug out bags packed for each member of his family. In the event he has to go, all he has to grab is the carbine and pistols from the safes, the bags are otherwise ready and each one has a vest in it. I'm not on his level, but I respect his dedication.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Better to have one and not need it than to need it and......

I sell armor to all sorts of buyers from all walks of life and in all professions.

It is usually less expensive than life insurance, and certainly more valuable to the wearer if push comes to shove.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh

Attachments

• image-2165323585.jpg
      image-2165323585.jpg
      66.5 KB · Views: 376

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Because they are going to throw them on when they go outside and fight in the next Baltimore riots. And throw them on during a home invasion. And wear them to their tactical training. And buy molle gear to doll them up with to sit in the corner of their war room. And because they can. And for just in case.
    It's the next hot, unneeded thing man, get with it.

Well then, nothings changed lol :lol:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Stupid question alert: There was talk many moons ago about other than LEO's owning and wearing body armor. Was that just a proposal? Was it something that sunsetted with the AWB in 2004?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom