• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    There is a Bill wanting a 50% tax on ammo. So the idea there is to stop all ammo sales inside the state? We are bordered by four other states, and of course mail order, unless they ban that. People getting worried about losing an AR, well looks to me they are going to do a better job restricting its food.

Chevy

Sep 6, 2010
    That's cool. My family used to be bootleggers.

Anybody got a caprice for sale? :D

ETA: They made shine too. Anybody have experience reloading using just moonlight?

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    Once again, it's more about money than your safety. Why were cigarettes not banned, but now cost more than $60 per carton? They don't care about your health or your safety, they want to control you and take your money. New gas tax coming soon...

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Please contact your legislators to oppose this bill! Write to them. Email them. Call them.

Go to Annapolis and testify against this.

Or you can just post here. But we're already on your side.

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    I always have to scratch my head when they do this stuff. Maryland is such a small state. I'm betting most of us live within 30 minutes of at least one border if not TWO!

I gladly drove to DE for my cigarettes before I gave them up. I'll gleefully drive back for ammo.

But if they can force gun stores to close up shop for losing those sales then they'll have won.

TheRealSundance

AK47..All you need
    Oct 21, 2008
    I just order my ammo on line. No wonder MD only has 2 fortune 500 companies left. They hate business.

Karl/PA

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Chambersburg
    Cigarettes are $60 a carton? When I quit back in the 80s we would drive from Hagerstown to Winchester and buy them for $5. 85 a carton.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I just order my ammo on line. No wonder MD only has 2 fortune 500 companies left. They hate business.

Yes, but I see states already where they won't ship too. I'm amazed Maryland they still can, and sure they'll work on that. Maryland is one of the few states that allows 190 Proof Grain Alcohol sales, no figuring this state out.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Another law that's DOA when it gets to the Supreme Court and they know it.

We need a pro-2A legislator to propose a 100% tax on legal services.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Isn't there a bill out there requiring serial numbers on each bullet? Each box of ammo would require that the bullets contain a unique serial number that would then be required to be maintained by the dealer.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Isn't there a bill out there requiring serial numbers on each bullet? Each box of ammo would require that the bullets contain a unique serial number that would then be required to be maintained by the dealer.

If that's the "stamping" bill I believe that was withdrawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom