• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Just finished the Bullpup build of the 870. The original kit that I purchased I wasn't really happy with and I was able to exchange it for the newer kit. The original was 25% glass impregnated polypropylene while the new kit is 30% glass filled nylon, which is much stronger and more rigid. The problems with the first kit are gone (warped parts and poor fit) and the new kit went together like a dream with perfect fit and performance. The trigger isn't bad for a bullpup, as it is a straight push metal link to the trigger, so there is very little play. The slide is a little stiff, not bad, and I think it will get better with use. The whole firearm with kit feels absolutely solid in my hands. I give it a 10 out of 10! Definetly worth the ~$350 price.

http://www.bullpupunlimited.com/

Here is a picture of it without the sights and with an added forward hand grip:

bullpup870_1_zpsc05493a9.jpg

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Well that's interesting and pretty cool. Is there a way to manipulate the pump release without going all the way back to the stock?

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'd also wonder about reliability/durability. Have you shot it yet?

Shot it this weekend. Worked perfectly using 00 buck. I do have a video I can post as soon as I get it off the camera.

The slide release can only be manipulated from under the stock. No biggy and didn't hamper the use of the firearm at all.

It may look unweildy, but it handles great and seems well balanced in my hands.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    are they ready to ship or backordered? their contact e mail link seemed not to work and not even a contact number. fast shipping?

JJ Hunter down in Kentucky owns the company. He has always been excellent returning calls and emails. Yes, shipping was fast and as far as I know they still have the kits in stock. (their site states shipping within 2-4 days of receiving the order).

If you go to AR15.com's Bullpup forum and look up the thread about this kit you will find all the contact information you need. It is strange that they don't have the contact information on their homepage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom