• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    His opinion...was automatic weapons are already illegal..and yes he did pass a "bi partisan" AWB as Governor...he tip toed the question some more and then brought up F&F like that had anything to do with it.

It was not a strong 2A stance.

And at another point he said automatic weapons were allowed to walk in F&F. These guys can't get it straight what is an automatic weapon and what is not.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Great, another thread looking to incduce panic buying so the manufactureres and dealers can jack up prices. BO may want to pass an AWB, Bush said if congress put one on his desk he would sign it and congress didn't have the guts to do it. Don't know why they would now.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    As far as Mitt and MA. Go to "northeastshooters.com" and see what kind of hell these people are in. Worth spending some time looking around the site. MA residents need a license to own hicap mags and can only buy preban. They basically kept the Clinton AWB with more restrictions, as did NY. I'd like to have been a fly on the wall during the so called mutual agreement meetings between the pros and antis in Mitt's MA.
    If the Dems were to get their way, it would be illegal to sell your hicap mags. Sounds like a basic seizing of property in a sense. You could never recoup your investment.

John81

Feb 7, 2012
    Ugh don't start this sh*t again. It isn't going to happen in the next four years. I'm not saying it will never happen again, but it ain't gonna happen in Obamas next term (if he wins.) Obama would certainly sign one. But I doubt the senate would pass such a bill. It is politically disastrous. Not only that, but there are a few outspoken pro-2A dems in the senate, not to mention the republicans.

Even IF it did pass the senate, no way in hell is it passing the house. The dems have almost zero chance of regaining control of the house.

Relax, don't all go spend your kids' college funds on ARs and AKs.

We have no one to blame but ourselves when in 6 months we're crying that we can't find ammo and when we can, it's $30 for a 50rd box of 9mm.

The bill would get voted by house before the senate. The order is house then senate then president. Just an FYI

n1hook

Feb 28, 2010
    Parkville
    President Obama just stated in the debate he wants to reinstate the assault weapons ban. Scary situation, luckily I will turn 21 right before the election so hopefully I can get at least one before it it reinstated.

An assault weapon has full auto capability none of the ar's or ak's have that capability and are only semi automatic

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    If they call semi auto rifles " assault rifles " what do they call the real assault rifles?
    They don't know the difference. Heard that one stupid senator from California describe an assault rifle, "yeah, it's black and shoots fast." These people are morons without a clue of what they're talking about, but they have the power to ban guns. :sad20:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    They don't know the difference. Heard that one stupid senator from California describe an assault rifle, "yeah, it's black and shoots fast." These people are morons without a clue of what they're talking about, but they have the power to ban guns. :sad20:

Oh, don't forget to throw in those large capacity magazines into the discussion!

Who needs more than a 10 round magazine anyway?

:sarcasm:

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    Thats how im looking at it. Obama straight said it. Romney saying auto's are already illegal and then the above quote saying hes not in favor of any new control definately makes me feel better.

...and that's my problem with Richie Rich... won't say anything straight.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IMO, Obama just stated hi s position to mollify his uber left base. I don't think he has any real intention of doing anything. As stated, Congress won't embrace a political loser like an AWB.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    IMO, Obama just stated hi s position to mollify his uber left base. I don't think he has any real intention of doing anything. As stated, Congress won't embrace a political loser like an AWB.
    This is my suspicion, too. If you read the transcript, he mentions the AWB and then basically runs away from it at full speed. Hell, he even runs away from his previous remarks about AK-47s and mentions how those AREN'T the problem in Chicago. He's not our friend when it comes to gun rights, but he didn't sound like a guy who was going to make an AWB into priority one for his next term. He'll sign it, but he's not going to waste political capital on it.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    What a beautiful time to finally enter the once-fired brass market! Once the paperwork goes through and I can collect the property and start processing for resale. Can't wait for IP status around here!

Otherwise, this panic buying crap is going to suck beyond all belief.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The way I see it, it seems like Obama's been holding back on the anti-gun stuff because he knows bringing out the big guns now would guarantee him a loss. Instead he's gonna wait til he's elected and has nothing left to lose before he shows his true colors. Romney on the other hand, seems more like a spineless weasel who will cave to whoever puts the most pressure on him. So there may not be another AWB in the near future, but either way it doesn't look great for us for the next 4 years.

But then again I'm young, so I could very well be wrong...

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I like how Obummer said he'd do another AWB...but they arent killing folks where he lives....it's cheap handguns...so what's keeping you from going after those?

Incorrect, it's criminals doing the killing.

Man, I'm screwed. I won't be 21 for another year and a half. Dadburnnit. :sad53:

That means that you're 19 so do the only thing you can do... VOTE

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It all comes down to Congress. I suspect that he'd do it if he had both chambers. If he's got one of the two after the 2014 mid-terms, I think he'll push it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The way I see it, it seems like Obama's been holding back on the anti-gun stuff because he knows bringing out the big guns now would guarantee him a loss. Instead he's gonna wait til he's elected and has nothing left to lose before he shows his true colors.
    This makes the assumption that he hates guns so much that he'd screw over the entire Democratic party for the 2014/2016 elections. I very much doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom