• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a216vcti

Cliff
    Oct 19, 2009
    I just purchased a Sig P229 Stainless Elite. The gun is on backorder. I called up sig and they said there are ~36ish in process and 103 ordered. I'm expecting to be waiting for a while. In the mean time, I was wondering if there was something that I should probably be doing since the gun is from a dealer in NH. I was planning on using Gun Connection as a FFL. I bought my AR-15 from them and they seem to be reasonable. Also, will I need a gun lock? And what's the deal with the shell casing? Will the new gun come with it? I know MSP needs a shell casing for all new guns.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    I'm not understanding the entire story?
    Did you buy the gun direct from SIG? (if so they probably raped you)
    did you ask Dan if he can get it? If you're going to wait anyway why don't you ask Dan to order it then the transfer fee is included.

Yes you need a lock and yes you need a shell
    Not all online dealers will supply a shell so make sure to ask
    Dan can do this for you but that's another expense add transfer fee you should just buy direct from DAN.

a216vcti

Cliff
    Oct 19, 2009
    I'm not understanding the entire story?
    Did you buy the gun direct from SIG? (if so they probably raped you)

SIG doesn't sell to the general public if I read their website correctly. I bought it from a dealer in NH. Just a coincidence.

did you ask Dan if he can get it? If you're going to wait anyway why don't you ask Dan to order it then the transfer fee is included.

Dan wants about $150 more after taxes, tags, and title.

Yes you need a lock and yes you need a shell
    Not all online dealers will supply a shell so make sure to ask

Since this is a brand new gun from Sig, wouldn't it come with the new shell?

Dan can do this for you but that's another expense add transfer fee you should just buy direct from DAN.

They said his transfer fee is $60 including the lock. If they could use the lock that sig sends, it should be $20 cheaper. So does anyone know if they would be able to use the lock?

Another question that I have, would I have to pay MD taxes on the gun if I bought it from a dealer in NH?

sigs4me

Sep 19, 2009
    Sig will only put the shell casing in a gun that they ship to Maryland or New York. So yes you will need to get one .

The lock that comes with a Sig is a blue cable lock and dose not count as the Maryland approved lock. So yes you will need to buy that also.

a216vcti

Cliff
    Oct 19, 2009
    Are you opposed to used? if you buy used then no Shell is needed

MW

Not at all, but, I already placed an order. So it's a little too late.

Sig will only put the shell casing in a gun that they ship to Maryland or New York. So yes you will need to get one .

The lock that comes with a Sig is a blue cable lock and dose not count as the Maryland approved lock. So yes you will need to buy that also.

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if I will have to pay taxes if bought out of state?

a216vcti

Cliff
    Oct 19, 2009

I contacted the dealer and requested that they send a shell with the gun. They said they contacted Sig and that they would be able to send a shell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom