• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Some squatters in my neighborhood have found a way to bypass the electric and water meters on a foreclosed home, or so I was informed by a realtor that was out yesterday. I already submitted tips to BGE and AACO Water...anything else I can do?

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    Some squatters in my neighborhood have found a way to bypass the electric and water meters on a foreclosed home, or so I was informed by a realtor that was out yesterday. I already submitted tips to BGE and AACO Water...anything else I can do?

Call the cops. They might be cooking meth.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Have gone the police route. They show up, knock on the door and no one answers despite obviously being there. I guess there is not much they can do, probably pretty tough to get a search warrant with no evidence.

So that's why I'm going the utility route, figuring maybe if there is no power or water, they may get the hint...also figured maybe if BGE discovered the bypassed meter, that would be enough for a warrant.

Needless to say, I have been waiting for months for someone to show up and kick the door down, but it's never happened, even the realtor told me it's very difficult to get people out.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    BGE got back to me thanking me for my report and that they were forwarding it to their theft department. I saw a utility truck out in front of the house yesterday evening after I submitted the tip, but it was only there for a minute. The place still had power as of this morning.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    2990335758_6caf715573.jpg

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Go to the link below and see who the current owner is, contact them and let them know someone is living in/vandilizing their home. The link is for the State's Dept. of taxation real property search. I would imagine it is bank owned.

http://sdat.resiusa.org/RealProperty/Pages/default.aspx

Definitely been there already, one of the first stops for me...Owners don't care, they have two homes in foreclosure...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Definitely been there already, one of the first stops for me...Owners don't care, they have two homes in foreclosure...

PM me the address and I will tell you which bank holds the loan. Their property preservation department should be out to secure the home.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    On a side note, makes you think about how long someone could get by "squatting" in properties without incurring any expenses. If I didn't have kids and a family, it would be an interesting experiment.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Do you know how the "squatter" is getting in?

Do they park a car there? If so you could potentially call the police on an abandoned vehicle.

Or if you think there is drug activity alert the police to the potential drug activity.

BAGGERZ13

Feb 14, 2013
    Then they disconnect at the transformer.

They cant disconnect from the transformer because there is usually other houses on the same feeder. Sometimes they will de energize the transformer and just cut it where it goes into the metering cabinet so there is no way to cheat the system.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom