• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    Roy and Margaret have been my go-to for work on my H-Ds since I arrived in MD in 2004. Dropped off my bike yesterday for new tires and a few other checks and found out they are closing up shop in October and retiring to Montana. The place will become an auto repair shop in the near future. Details are posted on their FB page.

Another loss for the MC community in AA County. Not only were they big local supporters, but H-D dealers in general won't work on older bikes, so it will be harder and harder to find a trustworthy shop to keep the rubber on the road.

Happy for them, but #sadface for my ride.

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    Roy and Margaret have been my go-to for work on my H-Ds since I arrived in MD in 2004. Dropped off my bike yesterday for new tires and a few other checks and found out they are closing up shop in October and retiring to Montana. The place will become an auto repair shop in the near future. Details are posted on their FB page.

Another loss for the MC community in AA County. Not only were they big local supporters, but H-D dealers in general won't work on older bikes, so it will be harder and harder to find a trustworthy shop to keep the rubber on the road.

Happy for them, but #sadface for my ride.
    Let me know if you can’t find anyone, I know a guy.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I never used them but anytime a mom & pop shop closes it hurts all of us.

I love Harleys but all their service sucks. I hate dealing with them. Rt. 40 is the worse ever. Cold and indifferent

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    It blows my mind that those POS dealers won’t work on a bike older than 10 years. Let me get this straight, OLD glory is the name of your shop, Harley began production in 1903? And If it’s ten years old your out. Why the fu€k would anyone buy a new ( 10 year disposable) Harley from you.
    Basically how it went down when I needed a tire changed. Needless to say I did it myself. I usually do all my wrench turning but I thought it’d be simple and how could they eef it up.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It blows my mind that those POS dealers won’t work on a bike older than 10 years. Let me get this straight, OLD glory is the name of your shop, Harley began production in 1903? And If it’s ten years old your out. Why the fu€k would anyone buy a new ( 10 year disposable) Harley from you.
    Basically how it went down when I needed a tire changed. Needless to say I did it myself. I usually do all my wrench turning but I thought it’d be simple and how could they eef it up.
    To be fair the Harley dealers never cut me off on my 2007 sidecar bike but at the end in Rommel Annapolis they did chit work and always twice. I ended up having to get a friend of a friend to fix it and paid him to do it right.
    That was right before they closed.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    It seems to be spreading.
    The air park dealer now has a cut off also but I can’t remember what it is. I’m in HVAC and couldn’t imagine telling someone their stuff is too old to work on and I’m not a factory rep. Back when I spent 10 years of my life in the car/motorcycle industry turning wrenches and doing machine work the “old” stuff was where the fun was.

AvidRider

Dec 3, 2010
    With Annapolis HD closed and the one in Elkridge that closed down about 10-15 years ago, makes you wonder what is really going on with Harley and why their dealership base is shrinking.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    I never used them but anytime a mom & pop shop closes it hurts all of us.

I love Harleys but all their service sucks. I hate dealing with them. Rt. 40 is the worse ever. Cold and indifferent
    Rt 40 as in Rosedale? I can get you treated well there if you give them another chance.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Seems like all the good service related people are getting very hard to find. I’m 60 and grew up working on anything I could get ahold of. The amount of people doing that now versus back then is miles apart.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I think it's because they're trying to life cycle (replace) your older ride. Subtly are trying to get you to buy a new bike.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I think it's because they're trying to life cycle (replace) your older ride. Subtly are trying to get you to buy a new bike.
    Funny it’s having the exact opposite effect. Thinking more and more about a birth year panhead. Barley missed out on a deal a couple months before I bought the 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom