• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    So, I am headed to Chantilly this weekend and bringing my C&R with me. When I got my C&R about 10 months ago, I never signed it due to the "Copies must have original signature" verbiage. So, should I make several copies and just sign them as needed at the show? Is that generally how people roll?

I am not really planning on going nuts, but would love to walk out with a c&r handgun.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I bring several unsigned copies and just sign a copy for each seller I buy from. Pro tip: you can usually haggle a small discount with your C&R, it's less work for the seller to sell to a C&R holder (no NICS).

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Any theoretical discounts tend to go out the window if you plan to buy with a credit card, though, so bring cash.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    You've got it right: take some unsigned copies with you to the gun show.

Keep the unsigned original in a safe place.

Sign one copy and scan it into your computer. You can send copies of that scan to many online dealers. Others may want a hard copy sent by mail.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    You've got it right: take some unsigned copies with you to the gun show.

Keep the unsigned original in a safe place.

Sign one copy and scan it into your computer. You can send copies of that scan to many online dealers. Others may want a hard copy sent by mail.

I scanned a signed copy ( not the originl) to email dealers. What about the date? I dated it an didn't think about it until later.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Way want to take the book with you, or be ready to pull the ATF list up on your phone. Many dealers want to see that the item is C&R if they are not up on them.

This! I bought a c&r from a dealer - he was "sure" it was c&r, but felt better when I showed him the book.

I signed a copy of the license and provided driver's license so he could verify signature.

This particular dealer did not give any discounts even though I paid in cash.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Threadjacking here, but since we answered the OP's question...what's up with SOG and Buds not sending copies of their FFL with C&R orders? Buds will send it on request, but SOG just includes their number on the top of the receipt. :shrug:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Threadjacking here, but since we answered the OP's question...what's up with SOG and Buds not sending copies of their FFL with C&R orders? Buds will send it on request, but SOG just includes their number on the top of the receipt. :shrug:

All you need is the number.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The only date that matters is the expiration date that the BATF puts on the license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    I bring several unsigned copies and just sign a copy for each seller I buy from. Pro tip: you can usually haggle a small discount with your C&R, it's less work for the seller to sell to a C&R holder (no NICS).

. . . and paying cash :D

Xoticbass

Feb 16, 2011
    Forgive the noob question...Can you bring C&R firearms TO a gunshow with the intention to sell/trade? I grew up going to shows in Florida, and this was A-OK - but I'm not sure how MD plays it. Has anyone sold/traded to a dealer at a MD show?

FYI - I'm interested in selling or trading my Walther P1 & P38...

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Forgive the noob question...Can you bring C&R firearms TO a gunshow with the intention to sell/trade? I grew up going to shows in Florida, and this was A-OK - but I'm not sure how MD plays it. Has anyone sold/traded to a dealer at a MD show?

In Maryland you would have to go through a dealer.... if you do a private sale, you would have to utilize a dealer or the MSP to transfer, hold onto them for at least 7 days before turning over if using the MSP, ect. Short answer is that it probably isn't like Florida.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

Post up in the classifieds with good pics and arrange to meet buyer at an MSP barracks to start the transfer process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom