• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Thinking of getting my C&R license, I been a Designated Collector now for years. Is it still even worth getting with all the B.S. coming up in Oct. 1st? What process or steps do I need to take? Paperwork? Fees? Anything that can be useful to my knowledge. Thanks

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    5330.20 is no longer required unless an "additional Responsible Person" is being added to the license. See at the link above.

Bublar

Mar 6, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    5330.20 is no longer required unless an "additional Responsible Person" is being added to the license. See at the link above.

I submitted it anyway just to play if safe since 5330.20 states "You must complete this certification or ATF will not be able to act upon your application and the application will be returned to you".

I stand corrected if it is not required.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Yes, I know. It's misleading. Folks here on the forum are reporting lately that they are receiving their C&R without submitting 5330.20.

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Thanks for the info. Is it still required to log the C&R firearms you receive in a Bind Book? And they get locked up separately from the rest of the Collection? Just looking for some rules and regulations regarding C&Rs as well.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Everything C&R that goes in/out of your collection while you have the license goes into your bound book. Existing stuff you own stays out unless you sell it while you have the license. No requirement for separate storage. ATF sends you a large packet with the regulations book as part of getting the license, typically sent to you a few weeks after the license is sent.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    There's a sticky in the C & R forum that answers all these question and more. Well worth the reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom