• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I think I messed Josh up by asking if he wanted to be on you tube before I recorded. I should have videoed first and asked later. :o

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    TBH, I really felt for the guys running bolt action rifles. Most of the ones I saw had real accuracy issues - bad zero, inconsistent ammo, terrible sights, meh trigger, and so on- and every miss was just brutal. I know the whole Mad Minute thing is legend, but it sure didn't seem to play out much at the match.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    That's all the videos I have. My phone didn't cooperate on all the stages :o. I am very grateful to everyone who helped run the tablet and/or my phone so that Katie and I could run each other and get video. :bowdown:

Also, GREAT JOB Squad 3 :D. Everybody pitched in to reset and I think it ran great. Good shooting :gun3:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Had a great day today. The match was fantastic even though the pistol heavy stage kicked my butt.
    Thanks to Josh and everyone else that made this match happen, can't wait for the next one!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Careful Art, Katie looked like she enjoyed using that bayonet!
    Good to see you both
    She's pretty aggressive with it. The first time we did a bayonet stage, the dumping table was a card table type thing with a padded vinyl covering on it. One of the first (if not THE first) rifles put on it pierced the hide of the covering with it's bayonet. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it was Katies :innocent0

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    She's pretty aggressive with it. The first time we did a bayonet stage, the dumping table was a card table type thing with a padded vinyl covering on it. One of the first (if not THE first) rifles put on it pierced the hide of the covering with it's bayonet. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it was Katies :innocent0
    Lol.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    TBH, I really felt for the guys running bolt action rifles. Most of the ones I saw had real accuracy issues - bad zero, inconsistent ammo, terrible sights, meh trigger, and so on- and every miss was just brutal. I know the whole Mad Minute thing is legend, but it sure didn't seem to play out much at the match.
    The ones I saw yanking bolts and cutting their thumbs on stripper clips seemed to be having a great time :shrug: That's kinda what makes this match special and not just another AR drag race.

As to sights, of course we are all endowed differently as our royal armorer sees fit. :rolleyes: I saw one of these today (not mine) and I really don't think it's terrible...especially for being nominally from 1914.
    20230604_214614.jpg

Could it have been improved over the next thirty or so years?

A little ;)

20230604_212526.jpg

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Wow 2 good runs on stage 1, Katie is too good with that carbine!
    I wish it worked better :o. It's 100% our fault. It was having issues at the last C&R match and the only thing we did to work on it was clean it and put it in the safe for two years :(

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Fantastic match as always guys! Are results up anywhere? I don't see them in Practiscore.

And yes, thanks everyone in Squad 3, you guys were a blast to shoot with and made the day better!

*** Edit*** Found them in my junk folder!

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Had a great day today. The match was fantastic even though the pistol heavy stage kicked my butt.
    Thanks to Josh and everyone else that made this match happen, can't wait for the next one!
    Thanks but not just me. Takes a village to run these events, and more so when done back to back with 3 gun.

Austin on stages, Ray did the tablets and a ton of work on the backend. But also the ROs who help run and keep things smooth and are the primary points of interaction for the shooters. Lastly, those who stayed on Saturday to help us do setup after shooting all day, then showing up early on Sunday.

We do pour a lot into this one, to come up with ideas to ensure entertainment for all participants. It’s a wild ride running a bolt gun on the clock and it really puts things into perspective.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    AGC was a great host. I'm debating membership now. I'd make the 40 min drive to shoot at a good outdoor range.

Props to all the guys that helped run it.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    ...If you have any suggestions for future matches feel free to let us know.
    I was thinking about wanting to do a trench warfare stage. I want to start at some sort of "berm," that I can flop my body against but still be somewhat upright to take some rifle shots across No Man's Land. Kinda like the simulated rooftop stages like this:
    bzvynn88yqt21.jpg
    But with outdoor carpeting on it to look like grass (and maybe some padding underneath :o ). After neutralizing a few steel rifle targets, I want to go "over the top" and run downrange towards the enemy "trench". There might be some paper targets guarding the entrance to their trench...maybe I even use my bayonet, I dunno. I'll then draw my pistol and enter their "trench," which is corridors made out of the mesh barricades (like IDPA does). Obviously, I will pretty much just be moving downrange and laterally (shooting only downrange), but I definitely want to turn a corner to blast at least two paper targets at point blank range. :gun3: maybe there are a bunch in a bunker at the very end...maybe there is a hostage to rescue (or at least NOT shoot).

Just a thought :shrug:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    AGC was a great host. I'm debating membership now. I'd make the 40 min drive to shoot at a good outdoor range.

Props to all the guys that helped run it.
    I've been driving an hour to get there for years. Before I bought a house and took over running a steel match at another range last year, I probably made that drive at least twice a month...often more. If it isn't for a match, you just bring enough guns to make a day of it and worth the trip ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom