• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stevearado

Oct 12, 2009
    St Mary's County
    Yesterday, I went to a sporting goods store in Virginia to purchase a Turkish Mauser I saw there while passing through two days before. Being a MD resident, I took a copy of my C&R to present to the associates. They claimed to have C&Rs included in their training, but did not know what to do concerning it. We then tried to look up the Turk Mauser in their copy of the C&R handbook which did not show a Turkish example. Afterwards, they "checked" the serial number on my C&R and claimed that it was not valid. They added that another person tried to use a C&R in the past with the same issue. My C&R is good until Dec, 2012 so it is not expired, and I have not committed any crimes. I ended up buying it in the regular fashion with approved background check. Is it possible to check the C&R license number online? Is it possible to have a C&R go invalid (without known reason), or were they making an excuse to not have to deal with it? Thanks.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Your license is fine.

03 FFL's do NOT have "easy check" numbers like an 01 FFL. Their "training" sucks.

Any firearm that is over 50 years old, regardless of type-is automatically C&R.

Yesterday, I went to a sporting goods store in Virginia to purchase a Turkish Mauser I saw there while passing through two days before. Being a MD resident, I took a copy of my C&R to present to the associates. They claimed to have C&Rs included in their training, but did not know what to do concerning it. We then tried to look up the Turk Mauser in their copy of the C&R handbook which did not show a Turkish example. Afterwards, they "checked" the serial number on my C&R and claimed that it was not valid. They added that another person tried to use a C&R in the past with the same issue. My C&R is good until Dec, 2012 so it is not expired, and I have not committed any crimes. I ended up buying it in the regular fashion with approved background check. Is it possible to check the C&R license number online? Is it possible to have a C&R go invalid (without known reason), or were they making an excuse to not have to deal with it? Thanks.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You cannot do a C&R easy check online. You can only do dealers. The store guys are retards. It even says that on the atf.gov page where you enter the number to check it. Directly above where you enter the license # on the ATF site is a statement that the system will not check C&R licenses or ammunition manufacturer licenses, and will produce an error message with those even if the license is valid. Also they should have known that any gun over 50 years old is automatically C&R and doesn't have to be on the list to be eligible. Some of the dealers in VA (not all) really give Marylanders fits for some reason, whether its over C&R's or hi-cap mags or guns in general. Up north here where we go to PA I have never had a single problem.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    However, it's my understanding that an 01 FFL dealer or other seller is NOT legally required to accept an 03 C&R...

I'm not legally required not to give them business.

I'm not legally required to post the name of businesses that don't want my business.

I'm not legally required to go on Va forums and post what retards they are either.

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    You cannot do a C&R easy check online. You can only do dealers. The store guys are retards. It even says that on the atf.gov page where you enter the number to check it. Directly above where you enter the license # on the ATF site is a statement that the system will not check C&R licenses or ammunition manufacturer licenses, and will produce an error message with those even if the license is valid. Also they should have known that any gun over 50 years old is automatically C&R and doesn't have to be on the list to be eligible. Some of the dealers in VA (not all) really give Marylanders fits for some reason, whether its over C&R's or hi-cap mags or guns in general. Up north here where we go to PA I have never had a single problem.

A few years back, I went to the big gun show in VA. One of the dealers had tables lined with mil-surp rifles, but wouldn't accept my cash and C&R because I was from Maryland:mad54:
    I have found/bought some really nice Enfields, K31's, Mausers etc. in........PA

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom