• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aab23c

Dec 22, 2012
    PG County
    Okay, so I have a dilemma infront of me, and could use community input.

I want both the cz82 and an SKS. I understand the cz will be harder after 1 oct, due to mags, so I think that is a purchase...however, should I get the sks at the same time?

1. Wife will likey be pissed if i do
    2. Any thoughts on the problem with waiting on the SKS at this point?

=======

Side question, thoughts on the TT 7.62x25 are those worth buying as a using sidearm at all? Thinking of having a small "back up" cadre of arms, on the low cost...thoughts?

Thanks now if I dont respond later:)

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    If you go out of state to buy the CZ it will not be an issue. Ride to some PA, WV or VA shows and you're good to go. May not be as good a deal, but losing the mag after 1 Oct may make it worth it.

Don't know how the market will be on the SKS.

I would rather have several of the 82's as a back up than the TT's. Nothing against them but I think the 82 is simply a better option.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I think a P64 would be a better back up than a Tok. The fact that it eats the same food as the CZ82 is just a bonus. It costs the same, maybe a little more, than a Tok.

Get both the sks and the CZ now. Those are both solid guns and you can go wrong with them. Also, angry sex is fun.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Tokarevs are nice pistols, but the ammo is getting scarce, and pricey.

CZ82 is very ergonomic, IMO. I bought more than one, just because of the way it felt in my hand. They're also getting a bit scarce. Price will only go up.

SKS will be around, but go ahead and get one anyway. I don't think you have to move on it before Oct 1.

P64 is cute, but reportedly a bit snappy, due to weight/recoil issue. I don't think the OP had a "carry back-up" in mind when he used the phrase, but I might be mistaken. Still, they're around, and the mags will not create an issue post Oct 1.

Get a couple CZs.

peckman28

Aug 27, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I recently faced the same dilemma and get the (third) CZ82 pistol, rather than one of the tempting Chinese SKS rifles Classic still seems to have around. So far I haven't regretted it anyway...

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Get two CZ82s now.

In a year or two, you'll have the option to sell one for more than you paid for it maybe, or at least get your money back. Sell it with a couple 9 round mags, and keep all four 12 rounders.

You can get an SKS anytime, if you want one. Get a Garand from the CMP instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom