• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Peruta and the other efforts by CalGuns to challenge local carry restrictions is fully to blame for this.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Ok, Illinois was enough to take but CA!?!?! I guess NY will be next and the jackasses running MD can tell the entire country how unsafe they are. Un-Fracking-believable.

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    And despite the 10-fold increase in permit apps, they have issued about the exact same number of permits.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    The apps are held in abeyance just like Maryland apps were pending Woollard's appeal.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    At least it throws more cold water on any state's claims that they approve <really high>% of all applications they receive as if it proves that things aren't being infringed.

It's not that people are uninterested in carrying but they are uninterested in wasting time and money "applying" for something they have no real chance of getting.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    At least it throws more cold water on any state's claims that they approve <really high>% of all applications they receive as if it proves that things aren't being infringed.

It's not that people are uninterested in carrying but they are uninterested in wasting time and money "applying" for something they have no real chance of getting.

Nobody cares about the MD Handgun Permit approval rate. I can't understand why people keep bringing it up like it's going to shame the democrats.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nobody cares about the MD Handgun Permit approval rate. I can't understand why people keep bringing it up like it's going to shame the democrats.

****I agree with the above. The Dems will not be shamed by this. Their sense of fairness, justice, etc.. is grossly skewed against us with respect to firearms because to them *ANY* firearm out amongst private citizens is bad.

Approving more CCW permits only "encourages" gun crime by having more guns out on the street to these people - they just don't get it. They fear guns, and think gun crime will stop if they ban possession or make it harder for law abiding people to get one. I know lawyers here in MoCo who would have *zero* problems with having the MSP simply go out and confiscate all registered guns, 2nd amendment be damned, as if that will reduce gun crime. You can point to DC, Chicago, and other areas with strict gun laws and point out gun stats and they don't care.

All we can do is educate more people, get more people out to the range, teach our children about safe firearm use, etc.. and vote in pro 2A people. Thankfully, there are still places in the US with more common sense regarding the CCW issue and it looks like those states are holding up just fine.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A

I don't care if Democrats feel shame or not. Democrat shame is not a requirement for us to win court cases. This thread is about Californian's CCW application rate as a response to an ongoing CA court case.

The permit approval rate keeps coming up because infringing states keep pointing at their rates and saying that they have a high rate of approvals so there clearly isn't any infringement. The reasoning is that only the people who truly want permits are applying and since most applicants are approved their "may issue" process is just fine. We all know that argument is BS because many people know better than to waste their time and money.

I'm sorry for pointing out positive developments that increase the strength of arguments the pro-2A side uses in court cases?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    ...The permit approval rate keeps coming up because infringing states keep pointing at their rates and saying that they have a high rate of approvals so there clearly isn't any infringement...

The approval rate is going up because states are pointing at their approval rates? This makes no sense.

Where and when are states claiming this?

And I don't think democrats actually feel shame, just misguided guilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom