• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Came upon an opportunity to purchase a Lead Sled DFT for CONSIDERABLY less than midway wants, even dealer pricing. Actually, it was less than a "regular" lead sled sells for, so I said WTF and dropped the coin.

Should be here in a week or so. I'll give a review then. :)

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Let me know, I am considering the purchase of one or asking Santa for one this year. I've found that my dad's rifle vice is sufficient for bolt hunting rifles, but wholly inadequate for MSR's or my precision rifles. Call me lazy, but I don't want to be removing the bipods on my rifles, just to get them in the damn vice.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's

IMG_0485 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

This thing is unbelievably ****ing solid. couple sandbags of the style they use at DSC would probably be more than enough weight for all but the 40+ caliber dangerous game rifles.

I'll probably get a couple different front bags for it; the included one is more for a standard sporting rifle type of forearm. The .308 definitely won't fit as is. Not a huge deal; the AR fits and my 7-08 works, so for the load development I'm currently doing, it's gonna be outstanding.

That a 30-rounder fits between the two frame rails is just icing on the cake.

I didn't test an AK with magazine, because if you're shooting AK's from a bench rest, you're ****ing retarded. :P

VERY happy with the rest, it's a frickin tank. That I got it for 140 bucks to my door just makes it that much better. :D

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I saw an article a while back about a guy breaking the wood stock on a heavy recoiling rifle with a lead sled. The sled held it so tightly that the recoil had no where to go an snapped the stock.

I'm sure it's not common but something to be cautious about.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland

IMG_0485 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

This thing is unbelievably ****ing solid. couple sandbags of the style they use at DSC would probably be more than enough weight for all but the 40+ caliber dangerous game rifles.

I'll probably get a couple different front bags for it; the included one is more for a standard sporting rifle type of forearm. The .308 definitely won't fit as is. Not a huge deal; the AR fits and my 7-08 works, so for the load development I'm currently doing, it's gonna be outstanding.

That a 30-rounder fits between the two frame rails is just icing on the cake.

I didn't test an AK with magazine, because if you're shooting AK's from a bench rest, you're ****ing retarded. :P

VERY happy with the rest, it's a frickin tank. That I got it for 140 bucks to my door just makes it that much better. :D
    Thanks for Review! Mine came in a few days ago , still in box so I hope to get it together this weekend . I want to check my 338 and 375.

Hattrick

Mar 7, 2013
    If ur shooting big recoil guns its nothing better we used one alot for pattern shotguns with 3.5" loads trust
    Me it saves the shoulder

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Not only delivered, but much sooner than expected. $10 flat-rate shipping, and really great prices on stuff. You have to pay attention though....some stuff says "ships in 1-2 days", other stuff says "ships in 1-2 weeks", and so on. The DFT was supposed to ship in 2-3 weeks, I think, and it was en route within one. Attention to detail, know what you're buying, and you'll be fine. At $100+ off, I had no problem not having it immediately.

And the FLIR PS24 monocular is on sale for 1700 bucks, which is 300 under where anyone sells 'em for. ATN Thor thermal scopes are also currently available.

Usually a good selection of ACOGs and other optics too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom