• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Ok I have a bolt gun in 30-06 but not a fan. Granted, it's a Rem 770 and the 700 is better, but I'm not finding that I enjoy bolt guns much anymore. So if I sold/traded the rifle, what other options do I have that use the same round?

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    ive heard for commercial 30-06 (from several gun smiths and the guys up at cmp) that if you use ammo like remington umc 30-06 150gr you are good. its designed with less pressure similar to that of m2 ammo. im not a gun smith but i trust what i have heard from several other gun smiths

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    ive heard for commercial 30-06 (from several gun smiths and the guys up at cmp) that if you use ammo like remington umc 30-06 150gr you are good. its designed with less pressure similar to that of m2 ammo. im not a gun smith but i trust what i have heard from several other gun smiths

I've heard similar, but unless they're willing to pick up the tab on any potential damages - I'd stick with a known entity (M2 ball).

X-factor, you know you want a BAR - just go find one. ;)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

I wrote Remington many years ago and they recommended against using their ammo in an M1.

OP, get an adjustable gas plug it you want to shoot commercial ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom