• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I can't wrap my brain around the fact that legislation was put forth to ban them. What I wonder is the definition of a Billy Club? Is it under the umbrella of an Assault Weapon? This shit is soooo fvcking stoopid.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I can't wrap my brain around the fact that legislation was put forth to ban them. What I wonder is the definition of a Billy Club? Is it under the umbrella of an Assault Weapon? This shit is soooo fvcking stoopid.

When only one point of view or set of opinions is to be tolerated, any tool which might be used in defense of an alternative must be banned, or circumscribed such that only the True Believers may own them.

Then a great push against those whose opinions might differ, under the rubric that this misinformation causes emotional distress to the Right-Thinking. Alternat opinions are seen as violent attacks upon the conditioning.

Going one step beyond that, failing to audibly support the Prevailing Truth becomes violent expression. "Silence is Violence," as you must recall.

All violent opposition, however quietly held, must be violently opposed.

Welcome to our Brave New World.

State your beliefs; you will receive a weapon or a beat-down, so be sure you can say the right words.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Here is my Great-Grandfather’s truncheon. Family lore says he made it himself. I think he might’ve been Baltimore City Police in the late 1800s. It’s espantoon-adjacent I guess. Or possibly an assault stick.
    IMG_1988.jpeg

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    How dare you defend yourself from criminals...they just trying to make a living....and turn their life around.

In case you didnt catch it.
    :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I wonder if that will eventually impact some of DC's restrictions in impact weapons.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Here is my Great-Grandfather’s truncheon. Family lore says he made it himself. I think he might’ve been Baltimore City Police in the late 1800s. It’s espantoon-adjacent I guess. Or possibly an assault stick.
    View attachment 456439
    Is it weighted at the end? Cool trunchon.

Below is my homemade version. IIRC I used a 2-3oz lead sinker fitted to a threaded rod that was then inserted into a steel spring and covered with electrical tape. I use it for knocking down big Salmon while fishing. ;)

It's about 18" long; G19 for size comparison. Would fit nicely with the Baltimore police confiscation thread.:rolleyes:

billy.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The classic Blunt Object will always be with us.

At this very moment I'm sitting on a small wooden platform elevated above the floor by four billy clubs.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Is it weighted at the end? Cool trunchon.

Below is my homemade version. IIRC I used a 2-3oz lead sinker fitted to a threaded rod that was then inserted into a steel spring and covered with electrical tape. I use it for knocking down big Salmon while fishing. ;)

It's about 18" long; G19 for size comparison. Would fit nicely with the Baltimore police confiscation thread.:rolleyes:

View attachment 456458
    It’s just over 20” long. The grooved section is just at about 1.5” diameter. It’s not weighted. It’s very hard wood but also lite.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Commiefornia will soon ban using harsh words towards your assailant. Maryland will then follow suit. Things like this are hard evidence that no reasonable, thinking person can observe and not think these places are dangerously stupid.

Time to dust off the old shillelaghs.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It's not a billy club, officer. It's just a piece of rebar I'm studying since I'm thinking of redoing my mom's patio retaining wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom