• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Los

Jan 13, 2013
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    I was wondering at what point MSP rejects the purchase of large volumes of, say, ARs? If you have north of 100 lowers going through the background check at once, along with a mixture of other guns, is that on its own going to cause a rejection?

This is of course a hypothetical question, but one I'm wondering about.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    YES!

There called Federal Firearm Licensed 01 Dealers.

But in all seriousness, I brought this up once before in another thread.

With all the panic buying, I was wondering if the MSP has started building a "special" file for people who are buying lots and lots and lots of firearms.

Just because it's legal, it doesn't mean the MSP won't frown upon it and possibly check into those people a little more deeply.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    So far I've done six at time, now I'm waiting on the paperwork for the 18 or so I'm doing at once,will see how it goes,since end of may I've had papers come back on about 15 total and haven't heard anything.

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    YES!

There called Federal Firearm Licensed 01 Dealers.

But in all seriousness, I brought this up once before in another thread.

With all the panic buying, I was wondering if the MSP has started building a "special" file for people who are buying lots and lots and lots of firearms.

Just because it's legal, it doesn't mean the MSP won't frown upon it and possibly check into those people a little more deeply.

Um, sorry for being a bit dense here. If you're not a dealer, is it or is it not a problem? I'm wondering if there's some limit above which you automatically count as a dealer or some other law kicks in.

Thanks and sorry for not getting your point. I'm pretty sure you're saying it's not a problem, but you might get checked into a little deeper. Just checking...

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm going to guess that the ATF is going to question whether you are conducting bidness...

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'm going to guess that the ATF is going to question whether you are conducting bidness...

YES!

That's where I was going with it.

The MSP or ATF may pay you a visit to see if you still have all 100 of the toys you bought.

If you only had 80 of your toys, they may think you are in "Da Binis" without a license.

Conducting "Binis" without an FFL is most definately frowned upon.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    YES!

That's where I was going with it.

The MSP or ATF may pay you a visit to see if you still have all 100 of the toys you bought.

If you only had 80 of your toys, they may think you are in "Da Binis" without a license.

Conducting "Binis" without an FFL is most definately frowned upon.

Not frowned upon at all. It actually gets you an award that comes with a free pair of interconnected bracelets and a multi-year vacation to a place with free room and board. Might even get your name in the Boomberg news.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Not frowned upon at all. It actually gets you an award that comes with a free pair of interconnected bracelets and a multi-year vacation to a place with free room and board. Might even get your name in the Boomberg news.

Don't forget the best meals ever! And a very secure room!

I heard they had a PGA Tour level golf course at this magical place called Club Fed! :D

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    You can purchase as many as you like.

You are the one being checked in the NICS or MD background check.

The dealer has to just say multiple.

With that said, the dealer has extra paperwork for multiple sales when they signoff the 4473

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You guys are too funny. My wife thinks I'm nuts, laughing at the computer.

As it stands right now, your wife's name isn't Bubba and your name isn't Bitch.

I would give up on your, what was it you called it? Oh yea! "Hypothetical" gun buying scheme.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I would give up on your, what was it you called it? Oh yea! "Hypothetical" gun buying scheme.

If the OP has the means, why so skeptical?

Have you bought 10-20 guns at a time? I have and it's nothing to be concerned about.

If the OP is a designated collecter, it makes financial sense to give the MSP $10 for processing a batch of 100 stripped lowers, than paying $10 fee for each lower ($1000)

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    If the OP has the means, why so skeptical?

Have you bought 10-20 guns at a time? I have and it's nothing to be concerned about.

If the OP is a designated collecter, it makes financial sense to give the MSP $10 for processing a batch of 100 stripped lowers, than paying $10 fee for each lower ($1000)

Not to mention the transfer fees: my local gun shop will transfer unlimited lowers at once for a flat $75. Combined with the $10, that almost cuts the cost in half.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Why, are you planning to arm your neighborhood for the zombie apocalypse? Granted it's a theoretical question. If I had more money I'd be investing in rare and unusual firearms, and not quantity.

It's not illegal at the federal, nor at the local level as long as you are a designated collector. You'd probably end up on an "extra scrutiny" list for approval but in the end they can't prevent you from purchasing if there is nothing in your background to deny it. Don't be surprised if you end up on a watch list though. Dump a lot of them a year later and you may get a visit for not having a dealer's license, which is about all they can throw at you as long as nothing illegal is going on.

babalooie21204

Aug 13, 2012
    Columbia
    So far I've done six at time, now I'm waiting on the paperwork for the 18 or so I'm doing at once,will see how it goes,since end of may I've had papers come back on about 15 total and haven't heard anything.

hehe, nice - i know we larger buyers are out there but you got me beat... just by a few

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom