• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I've only had my W&C for a couple of months, and I am experimenting with different firearms/holsters/etc. My wife has a firearm that I would like to W&C and try out. The firearm in question was purchased by her through a local FFL sometime about 20+ years ago. This was all legit and pre-HQL. She does not have the HQL. I have HQL and W&C. So can I legally carry it and not be thrown in prison if I would have to use it?

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Your wife may a Gratuitous Loan of her gun to you .

Md W&C is not tied to specific handgun(s) .

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    …can I legally carry it and not be thrown in prison if I would have to use it?
    You can carry any regulated firearms that aren’t stolen.

DC requires that you register any firearm you carry with a DC permit, and I believe you can only register one handgun (unless that’s recently changed).

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You can carry any regulated firearms that aren’t stolen.

DC requires that you register any firearm you carry with a DC permit, and I believe you can only register one handgun (unless that’s recently changed).
    Not recently, on my initial DC in 2015 I registered two guns. The first one was free with your permit, the second one was $13.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I've only had my W&C for a couple of months, and I am experimenting with different firearms/holsters/etc. My wife has a firearm that I would like to W&C and try out. The firearm in question was purchased by her through a local FFL sometime about 20+ years ago. This was all legit and pre-HQL. She does not have the HQL. I have HQL and W&C. So can I legally carry it and not be thrown in prison if I would have to use it?
    The only one who is the ultimate authority in this matter… is the wife. The State doesn’t care, so long as the carrier and the firearm are both legit.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Correct. However I believe the MSP perpetuate this myth by asking what gun you plan to carry in the interview. At least they used to.

It was a generic question , not a specific individual gun . I.e. I dunno , probably a 9mm or .38
    Non binding , and pointless .

* Probably * was originally intended to look for off the wall answers like " sawed of M16 " .

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I was never interviewed for a DC permit. On my initial with MD I told the investigator that I hadn't decided and what did she recommend?
    No interview for DC, but as someone already posted, you have to register the firearm that you plan to carry. I think they upped the fee to $15 for additional guns.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I unregistered the first gun I registered with them because I had sold it, hoping to register another for free. No dice. Still cost me $13 at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom