Can you carry spouse’s gun with MD Wear & Carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nosce Hostem

MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2016
    Northern Balt. County, MD
    Along this line - does anyone know if it is illegal to lend a pistol to a friend? A friend mine wants to get his wear & carry, but he does not currently own a firearm. I would like to lend him one to practice and take the qualification with.
    The answer is in the post you quoted "you can borrow a gun from a friend and as long as you're not prohibited from possessing that weapon"

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Along this line - does anyone know if it is illegal to lend a pistol to a friend? A friend mine wants to get his wear & carry, but he does not currently own a firearm. I would like to lend him one to practice and take the qualification with.
    No issue at all.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    My friends group shares firearms like we’re swapping baseball cards. I don’t care. If I lend a gun to a guy who has hundreds of guns, where’s the problem?

That's how I see it. No difference between storing it at a friends house or letting them shoot it or carry it. I mean, I can lend a gun to a friend to go shoot at the range today and tomorrow, but can I do it for the next 6 months..IMO, yes, It is still my gun. No transfer was made. Just like carrying the wifes piece. Same thing.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    many judges will listen to an ASA and allow for hold without bail (the SOP norm request for an ASA if arrested for pretty much any crime in Baltimore city, MoCo & PGCo)
    In what world are you living that you think the three most liberal jurisdictions in Maryland have any desire to hold any defendant? Heck, I had to fight and threaten to go to the media to get them to give a convicted 18 year old felon with a handgun a 2 week jail sentence. They wanted to give straight probation.

Nosce Hostem

MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2016
    Northern Balt. County, MD
    In what world are you living that you think the three most liberal jurisdictions in Maryland have any desire to hold any defendant? Heck, I had to fight and threaten to go to the media to get them to give a convicted 18 year old felon with a handgun a 2 week jail sentence. They wanted to give straight probation.
    I’m living in Maryland. Also I’m not talking about circuit court, talking about district. How many of those cases you are talking about were sitting waiting for a trial before being released on two weeks?

My wife worked as an ASA in Baltimore before leaving for private practice. With the liberal idea that cash bail is systemically racist and not being allowed per Mosby (might change with Bates) the last few years when someone is brought in for bail review at district, the only option the ASA had was to ask the court for HWOB on pretty much every case brought into district court pending a trial.

My wife would actually complain to her chiefs because some charges on people were obvious BS or felt didn’t warrant HWOB based on the defendants history, and was told to basically shut up because the policy is no cash bail and they didn’t want to ask the court to ROR or monitor. Judges would go with the states request 95+ percent of the time to HWOB. She had stacks and stacks of cases of people waiting for trial at circuit that were HWOB for up to a year and half on minor charges that eventually were NolePros because the case was shit. If they are doing that for minor cases what do you think they’ll do for firearm possession?

Last edited:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Pg and Montgomery County, it's a fight to be held for felony charges. You have to argue strenuously to the ASA to even get them to request it. Most of the time they are released ROR or 10% low cash.

I had a recent felony assault (gun and strangulation), recovered the gun and 3/4 lbs of weed. It was a crap shoot that he'd be held, so I got the ASA to revoke his probation (for his previous handgun and drug charge) to get him held.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Pg and Montgomery County, it's a fight to be held for felony charges. You have to argue strenuously to the ASA to even get them to request it. Most of the time they are released ROR or 10% low cash.

I had a recent felony assault (gun and strangulation), recovered the gun and 3/4 lbs of weed. It was a crap shoot that he'd be held, so I got the ASA to revoke his probation (for his previous handgun and drug charge) to get him held.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
    This is the actual reason crime is so high in md. Criminals know if they get caught they will only get a slap on the hand. Md wants to keep pushing for more gun control laws to keep the citizens safe, but then they let true criminals back on the streets a few hours after tey are arrested. If the state really wanted to keep the citizens safe they only have to remove the sanctuary status for illegal aliens and actually keep the criminals in jail where they belong.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    This is the actual reason crime is so high in md. Criminals know if they get caught they will only get a slap on the hand. Md wants to keep pushing for more gun control laws to keep the citizens safe, but then they let true criminals back on the streets a few hours after tey are arrested. If the state really wanted to keep the citizens safe they only have to remove the sanctuary status for illegal aliens and actually keep the criminals in jail where they belong.
    F.I.F.Y.

Stop pretending. Citizen safety is of no concern. This much should be obvious by now.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is the actual reason crime is so high in md. Criminals know if they get caught they will only get a slap on the hand. Md wants to keep pushing for more gun control laws to keep the citizens safe HAVE TOTAL AND COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE PEOPLE, but then they let true criminals back on the streets a few hours after tey are arrested. If the state really wanted to keep the citizens safe they only have to remove the sanctuary status for illegal aliens and actually keep the criminals in jail where they belong.
    FIFY
    It doesn't and has never had anything to do with public safety.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    C&R guns bought on a ffl 03 ok to carry ? asking for a friend giggle giggle
    I sure hope so, otherwise I'm in trouble. But if there's a defensive shooting, you may lose it to an evidence locker for a long time. So I wouldn't go around carrying a 100% original Singer 1911A1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom