• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I have a GSSF discount coupon burning a hole in my pocket. I have no idea what one to get or if I should bother at all but I was thinking of "upgrading" to a Gen4 Glock 34 so I was wondering if it's on the list for GSSF or not.

The slide is longer and there is a cutout to reduce weight, the slide release is larger. What are the other differences?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Yes. Good luck finding a blue label 34 though. If you order one from Glock through your local ffl expect a minimum 9-10 week wait. 34's seem to be tough to find these days, especially with the GSSF discount

ITG

Jan 26, 2011
    Frederick County
    The differences on the blue label 34 are just those two I believe. It does not come with the lighter trigger or adjustable sights of the non-blue label 34.

My brother and I both bought 34's the same week his was blue label and mine was not.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    it is on the gssf discount list, but there is an upcharge vs a g17 or the like. glock's website lays out the pricing.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    The differences on the blue label 34 are just those two I believe. It does not come with the lighter trigger or adjustable sights of the non-blue label 34.

My brother and I both bought 34's the same week his was blue label and mine was not.

So the blue label doesn't have the "better" trigger? Interesting.

Sights don't matter to me because I'm going to put Warrens on it regardless.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    The OD G34 I got through GSSF came with fixed sights and the 5.5lb connector. Not a big deal at all since I knew I was gonna put in a Ghost 3.5lb connector, a Wolff competition spring set, and different sights. It did come with the extended slide stop and extended magazine release. Great gun.

That said, I have heard of some Blue Label G34's coming with the adjustable sights and 3.5lb connector. If you end up having to order it you can get it either way.

Last edited:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Can you get the 4th Gen in the OD frame or is yours 3rd Gen?

Mine's a Gen3. The OD color was discontinued. I guess you can look for a used one but a G34 in OD will be very hard to find. They rarely come up for sale and there aren't many of them to begin with so also keep in mind you'll pay a premium for one.

The only other color Glock has other than black and OD is Dark Earth. BUT, they don't make a G34 in Dark Earth. And even the Dark Earth Glocks were a limited run. But I have heard they may make more.

G19 in Dark Earth on top, G34 in OD below.
    IMAG0243.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom