• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Can't decide between these two 10/22 stocks. Leaning toward the Titan since I know it's stiff enough to free-float the barrel and is already available.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I much prefer the Magpul.

My issue is, the Titan has an aluminum bedding block and is very stiff. The Magpul may be also, but there isn't enough information available yet to know. On the plus side for the Magpul it has adjustable comb hight with inserts and adjustable LOP.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    My issue is, the Titan has an aluminum bedding block and is very stiff. The Magpul may be also, but there isn't enough information available yet to know. On the plus side for the Magpul it has adjustable comb hight with inserts and adjustable LOP.

Too much technicality. :) The Magpul stock got beat to hell with the ugly stick. That's a good thing to my eyes. I'll take one.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    The titan is very similar shape to a top notch mcmillan stock for bigger rifles (and many others too.) The more vertical grip is preferred by target shooters - look at ANY anschutz/etc competition rifle. The magpuls more sloping almost shotgun style grip may suit you if thats what your used to and will be hunting with it and need to carry it one handed.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think I'm going to give the Magpul a try and if I don't like it I'll sell it and try the Titan.

Why not buy both, try them out and sell the one that loses the battle. You may take a $20 -$30 loss on the one you like the least, but you will never have that thought in the back of your mind.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Why not buy both, try them out and sell the one that loses the battle. You may take a $20 -$30 loss on the one you like the least, but you will never have that thought in the back of your mind.

Very true. I might just give that a try if I can keep the Mrs. away from the CC statement for a few weeks. BTW AIm surplus has them on their website as sold out. Either they sold a few already or they are about to get a shipment in.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I'm waiting for Russ's reviews of the magpull stocks. He's seldom wrong on precision accessories...... :>

Thank's I really appreciate that. I currently do have a 590A1 Mossberg that wears Magpul furniture and if this stock equals that in ergonomics and quality I think I will be very pleased. The only issues I want am still uncertain of, is how the barrel fits in the channel and how the grip angle works off the bench.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Titan stock should be here by next week. I ordered the FDE color since I have a high number of black guns. They come highly recommended so I'm hoping for great results. I'll also be ordering the Magpul when they release to compare. The more I look at the Magpul the more i think I'll prefer the Titan for my shooting needs of mostly on the bench.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Rimfires typical behave better WITH stock pressure. But it has to be CONSISTENT.

Some rimfire stocks have the barrel free floated, but at the end of the stock, there is a bump to apply slight pressure to the barrel.

You do NOT want a stock that allows variable pressure from bipod or sling tension.

Look up FUGLIE on Sniper's Hide. This guy did a lot of work with pressure points and accuracy in rimfires. BTW FUGLIE is his rifle, not his screen name. :)

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    If the receiver is supported correctly like the Titan does than free floating the barrel is a consistent way to get the rifle to shoot. The problem with 10-22's are the single point they attach to the stock. The Titan adds a rear tension support or optional anchor. Also the stock is stiff enough to not touch the barrel under pressure from bi-pod usage.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They how do you explain that a CZ455 shoots better with a barrel pressure point?

CZ455 has two screws to attach the receiver to the stock.

Oh, and BTW, this is also seen when the action is glass bedded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom