• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    I have an older remington 1100 that I was breaking down to clean. I got to the point of removing the bolt and I ran into an issue. When the carrier release is depressed, the bolt carrier doesn't rise to clear the lug on the magazine tube. I tried pushing up on the carrier assembly while depressing the the carrier release, but it still wouldn't raise. Any ideas on what to check?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Here's a link to a short video not sure if this will help or not. I've had one since 1975 used for waterfowl hunting every year and I've never had any issues.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yclkl4L0qa0

Thanks for the link. I watched that and the bolt wouldn't come apart using that method.

My dad has an 1100 that I removed the bolt from to compare the internals to mine. I noticed that the part that stops the travel of the bolt carrier seems to have been impacted by the bolt carrier to the point where the corners have been distorted. I believe that is the issue as I was able to remove the bolt from the other gun and that was the only difference I could see. I think those areas that have been distorted need to be filed down to allow the bolt carrier to travel forward so it can raise up when that lever is depressed. Here is a pic.
    8f76861130ba5bd935cb7035d3903a15.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Justemily

Dec 26, 2010
    Maryland
    I see what you are saying, give it a try and let me know how it goes, I'm going to take a look at mine tomorrow.
    Thanks

Justemily

Dec 26, 2010
    Maryland
    12 G that takes 23/4" shells, been a great gun, could have switched out years ago but I've kept what works, and knocks down birds. I have friends that have spent twice (on autoloaders) what mine costs and they have all had trouble from time to time. When I got it was a 30" full choke barrel, I invested in a 28" choke tube barrel about 10 years ago.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Sounds almost the same as mine. It's a 12 gauge 3" with a 30" barrel fixed full choke.

Could you post a picture of yours for comparison please? Dad's is a 20 gauge so it's not exactly the same internally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom