• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Maybe next time if the CC Meetup turn out is going to be so big, a different venue and caterer might be a better solution.

That room can't handle more than 50 and apparently the waitstaff and kitchen can't either. But to be honest, I went for the people not the food. Left satisfied. :)

GOLDEN CORRAL

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Maybe next time if the CC Meetup turn out is going to be so big, a different venue and caterer might be a better solution.

That room can't handle more than 50 and apparently the waitstaff and kitchen can't either. But to be honest, I went for the people not the food. Left satisfied. :)

Now this ^^^ might be a viable alternative. The problem would be finding a place locally owned in the Westminster (Central Carroll) area that would do a good get-up (yummy buffet) that's pro 2A and ANTI libtard. Does anyone have any ideas of a place??? And also must have a large enough room (private) for our LARGE group???

Bean Guy

Apr 4, 2013
    Eldersburg
    Salerno's in Eldersburg(yea I know not central Carroll) has a separate building they use for banquets. The South Carroll Business Association has a luncheon there every month with a decent buffet. Don't know if they are 2A friendly, but hey, our $$ is as green as anybody else's.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I was informed that next time we will have the upstairs room and food will be covered by a second entity. Johannsons Catering will serve us freeing up their staff for normal operations.
    So Miss Sarah is willing to help us expand and grow in partnership with her and Johannsons.

At this time I have no desire or interest in seeking out additional venues or other areas. Miss Sarah and Johannsons stepped up in a big way after J&P screwed up our reservations. That deserves loyalty, plain and simple. Those (and I'm not just talking about you SNI as I've had three other PM's) that want us to consider additional venues are encouraged to do so on their own. And if my schedule allows it. I'll attend.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I was informed that next time we will have the upstairs room and food will be covered by a second entity. Johannsons Catering will serve us freeing up their staff for normal operations.
    So Miss Sarah is willing to help us expand and grow in partnership with her and Johannsons.

At this time I have no desire or interest in seeking out additional venues or other areas. Miss Sarah and Johannsons stepped up in a big way after J&P screwed up our reservations. That deserves loyalty, plain and simple. Those (and I'm not just talking about you SNI as I've had three other PM's) that want us to consider additional venues are encouraged to do so on their own. And if my schedule allows it. I'll attend.

Bravo to the staff at Johannsons for that foresight!!! That would definitely take care of most of the issues we had! I agree with Mopar about loyalty to Johannsons. I remember that day when everything went to hell and they told us to come on over, they could handle it and did. Again kudo's to Miss Sarah!!

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Bravo to the staff at Johannsons for that foresight!!! That would definitely take care of most of the issues we had! I agree with Mopar about loyalty to Johannsons. I remember that day when everything went to hell and they told us to come on over, they could handle it and did. Again kudo's to Miss Sarah!!

Yep! I remember too. We made it all the way to J&P before being redirected.

Sounds like they want to do right by us and I appreciate the effort. :party29:

Set the date, bunnyfeet will travel!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I was informed that next time we will have the upstairs room and food will be covered by a second entity. Johannsons Catering will serve us freeing up their staff for normal operations. So Miss Sarah is willing to help us expand and grow in partnership with her and Johannsons. At this time I have no desire or interest in seeking out additional venues or other areas. Miss Sarah and Johannsons stepped up in a big way after J&P screwed up our reservations. That deserves loyalty, plain and simple. Those (and I'm not just talking about you SNI as I've had three other PM's) that want us to consider additional venues are encouraged to do so on their own. And if my schedule allows it. I'll attend.

I remember that fateful day all too well. The food was great (I had the crab dip and a filet) and the service was fine for me on Saturday.

Was just tossing a fresh concept out there for discussion. Guess THAT was a winning idea :D

Feb 28, 2013
    Word on the street is that Jim DeWees intends to stand up a full time SWAT unit as well as a motorcycle unit, among other grandiose plans - something I specifically asked Pacelli about and which is what led to the mention of militarization. Whatever else Jim DeWees might do should he be elected Sheriff I can all but guarantee that you will see a dramatic increase in traffic enforcement and SWAT call outs. In my opinion, Carroll County doesn't need either. Neither one is going to reverse the tide of crime. The only way to do that is with community involvement and good intelligence gathering.
    I hope you plan on sticking around a while. From reading your writings here I would have never guessed you were that young. I'm impressed.:thumbsup:

I enjoyed talking to you, even if it wasn't for long.

Sounds like a plan to me. Some elbow room is always nice.:thumbsup:

I ate there once, because my girlfriend at the time wanted to. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

If you ever get down south at all you may wish to give them another chance. Around these parts I don't care for them much either, but the one in Harrisonburg VA was fairly nice. The place was the cleanest one of those I ever saw, and the food was fresh.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

That would make things a lot easier on everybody. Good call for the next one. If I'm free, I'll be there.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    It could be if you want to run with it. I just said that I'm not gonna do it.

Heck, I don't even have CC documentation. :D

If I go planning a meetup, it'll be in HoCo, but of course temporary green cards will be issued for out of county aliens. :(

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Sounds like one hell of a damn good solution, and I had no idea about the back story. Always has to be some drama with us. lol Don't see why anybody would have an issue with this solution. I am guessing that Johannson's was as surprised as I was by the turn out. Mine was a happily surprised. Johannson's might have been an oh $%$^&^*(&*)%^%$^ surprised, but with a good bank roll at the end of the night. Good business sense to make a room available to us next time, since they have it. Had no idea there was a room upstairs.

I actually like driving to Westminster. It is a peaceful drive for me. One of the courts I prefer to go to too.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I hope you plan on sticking around a while. From reading your writings here I would have never guessed you were that young. I'm impressed.:thumbsup:

I enjoyed talking to you, even if it wasn't for long.

Sounds like a plan to me. Some elbow room is always nice.:thumbsup:

If you ever get down south at all you may wish to give them another chance. Around these parts I don't care for them much either, but the one in Harrisonburg VA was fairly nice. The place was the cleanest one of those I ever saw, and the food was fresh.

Heck, I figured both you and PO2012 were in your 60's. Thought CnC was in his 60's too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom