• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tharbold

Nov 7, 2013
    Sykesville, Maryland
    Morning folks,

I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback or insights into where Carroll County Sheriff Jim DeWees stands on issues of importance to Maryland shooters.

Under Sheriff Tregoning, States Attorney Barnes, and the previous Board of Commissioners, we had the "2nd Amendment Preservation Resolution" -- which, after reading all the "explanations" that followed, ends up sounding like a lot of sound and fury, signifying very little. But at least it was a symbolic statement, and meant that the executive/legislative, judiciary, and law enforcement branches of County government were at least reading off the same page.

The resolution is still in force, and still on the County website, but nearly all the major actors have changed, now. So I wonder if it's anything but a historical curiosity! And as I say, I wonder in particular what folks think about Sheriff DeWees. He seems like a very nice guy personally; I've had a couple of interactions with him, and all have been very pleasant. But before the last election, he was being portrayed as the "last best hope" for Carroll County gun-owners, and I was just wondering how people felt now.

Thanks in advance!

tharbold

Nov 7, 2013
    Sykesville, Maryland
    P.S. What I'd really LIKE to see is a statement like that of Hughes Spring, TX, Sheriff Randy Kennedy, or Brevard County, FL, Sheriff Wayne Ivey! But in Maryland, I'm afraid that's asking for the moon...

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    I had a long conversation with him one on one just before the election. I truly believe he is pro-2A.

Just not sure what he can really do in his position.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I had a long conversation with him one on one just before the election. I truly believe he is pro-2A.

Just not sure what he can really do in his position.

There's no doubt about his personal stance on being pro 2A as he is, but the doubt comes from WHAT HE IS WILLING TO DO to keep Carroll County on the pro 2A road and vehemently oppose by non-observance of any unconstitutional 2A laws that come out of Annapolis.

As a note, this also applies to any unconstitutional law, be it 2A or not.

strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    Caroll County has some great elected officials like Sheriff Dewees and State's Attorney Brian DeLeonardo. Both are extremely 2A friendly in their daily enforcement of MD law.

CCPatriot

Jan 20, 2013
    Carroll County
    State's Attorney Brian DeLeonardo

I haven't had any dealings with Sheriff DeWees but I can say I've had some positive interaction with State's Attorney Brian DeLeonardo. I had a personal legal question regarding Maryland firearm law and was referred to him. This was prior to his election. I found him to be very 2A friendly and forthright with information. The answer to my question assured me of his stance on the issue. That being said, I hope being an elected official in The People's Republic of Maryland doesn't changes his attitude towards 2A issues.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    With 41p looming, anyone know if he'll sign off on NFA paperwork? I started a thread a long time ago but figured it's even more relevant now...

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Bump.

With 41P being mentioned in Obama's eo, anyone know if dewees will sign off on NFA? I'll try to call this week, but please post if you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom