• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    It's time for another get together folks. I hope to see all the old friends and meet some new ones. All are welcome as well as family and friends. I'm thinking we keep it on Sunday and I'll leave up to the group to pick a day. I say we shoot in the afternoon at Hap and then meet up afterward for some good eats and drinks. So let's agree on when and where. Who is in?

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    It's time for another get together folks. I hope to see all the old friends and meet some new ones. All are welcome as well as family and friends. I'm thinking we keep it on Sunday and I'll leave up to the group to pick a day. I say we shoot in the afternoon at Hap and then meet up afterward for some good eats and drinks. So let's agree on when and where. Who is in?

Guns and food and beer - ain't gotta ask me twice

I think one of the guys was saying next month was best for him. Seems a bit far off to me but I'll put July 5th on the table.

Course if we want to do something sooner June 21st is good with me as well

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    I'm definitely game. I'm putting it on the cal.

Any chance we can start at 2ish so services will be over?

Also, don't forget that's Father's Day, might affect some people's planning.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    I THINK I am good for any Sunday after this weekend. 1 or 2 is good as chutch will be over for folks. Shoot first, drink beers later? I promise the wife will go shooting this time....unless she has dress shopping or some other wedding stuff to do.

Shoot or shop....doesn't seem a hard decision for me, but for her... :).

Splitter

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    So it sounds like 2pm on sunday the 21st of June? Is that good? Come on BigCity, Apone, Vette and GamerJim we need some input from you guys.

Gamer Jim will you be bringing your Nikon D40 tactical assault shooter with the 55-200 VR optics?

:D

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Whatever happened to SlimJim who scheduled our first meet and never showed? I hope he can make this one.

People changing times around, than so many times mentioned that I went to BWW at 3pm thinking you guys were going to be there.

Yankee

May 5, 2008
    Adelaide, Australia
    I'm flying in from Australia to visit the in-laws and it just so happens that I will be there on the 21st. Like all good Australian's, I have been disarmed by my government but I would love the opportunity to participate in this shoot. If I supply some ammo, would it be possible for me to join you guys?

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    I'm flying in from Australia to visit the in-laws and it just so happens that I will be there on the 21st. Like all good Australian's, I have been disarmed by my government but I would love the opportunity to participate in this shoot. If I supply some ammo, would it be possible for me to join you guys?

Hell yes! Bring ammo if you have it otherwise just show up. We're all pretty easy going about shooting, even with the ammo situation being what it is these days. There will be lots of fun guns to shoot!

Speaking of ammo - does anybody need anything? Should we be on the lookout for stuff? .308, 30-06, 7.62x45, .40 etc etc?

Let the group know. I'll be going to the frederick show this Saturday so if anybody needs anything I can scope it out while I'm there.

Australia, hell isn't everything upside down there? Or is that China? What the heck are you doing down under?

j

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    People changing times around, than so many times mentioned that I went to BWW at 3pm thinking you guys were going to be there.

Yea last time around was like trying to herd cats. Anyway we're more organized this time. 2pm at Hap on June 21st! Followed by food an BEER

:beer:

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    I may be able to make this, what is not allowed at Hap?

Hmm.. Firearm wise I'm guessing no class 3 stuff but I could be wrong. No double / triple taps (stupid) No buck shot, (slugs only)

Can't think of anything else. Why, you got one of those cool 20mm sniper rifles?

Attachments

• ntw20.jpg
      ntw20.jpg
      19.8 KB · Views: 284

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    You're right on Hap--shots must be spaced out at least two seconds apart. I get yelled at (nicely) every time I'm on the pistol range. So, obviously, no auto.

Hey, Yankee, if there's anything in particular you would like to shoot, I'll be sure to bring it if I have one.

On ammo, I can always use a little more .223 and 9 at reasonable prices!

I'll contact lesgawlik to see if he's coming.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    You're right on Hap--shots must be spaced out at least two seconds apart. I get yelled at (nicely) every time I'm on the pistol range. So, obviously, no auto.

I've been yelled at but not nicely. Actually it was a friend of mine, Marine, and I think he was just barely under 2 seconds and the RO was quite rude to him. But it was a safety issue so I somewhat understand.

We (wife and I) are in. I still need to clean my firearms from last time we were there. We both had a lot of fun last time. My wife had a blast meeting you all and getting to shoot various weapons.

June 21 works for us anytime after 1pm.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I'm down, always us for trying/sharing guns. If anyone is looking for 40 cal I have over 1000 rounds I'm looking to unload. :innocent0

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    I'm gonna try - my wife is due any day now though. Official due date is June 18th. I wouldn't be able to do anything between now and the end of June, probably. I can definitely do something in July.

If you guys do the June 21, I probably can't make it - I'll definitely be there for the next one, though!

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Not on the 21st, cause I'll be downy oshun hon!

Hell, even funeral directors get to have fun once a year, because remember, we put the "fun" in funerals!

Just cause I can't make it doesn't mean I won't shoot. We have a sporting clays match on Monday the 22nd at Delmarva. Good times.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom