• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I went with the platinum plan of USCCA. And will evaluate option’s again after a year. I’d like to hear from actual people who needed coverage and what their thoughts are after having to use them. I know USCCA just tells you what lawyers in your area are approved by USCCA. When I checked the only two lawyers they approve of they both were criminal defense lawyers representing people who are charged with criminal offenses like robbery, etc. I would feel more comfortable with defense attorneys that are 2A constitutional lawyers especially in Maryland.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have CCW Safe. Best mix of coverage and price. You can choose your attorney. That may be a big deal to some. I did not opt for the optional civil liability as I have a 2 million dollar umbrella liability policy through USAA

CCW Safe also gives discounts to veterans and LE

Not huge but it helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I'll not name them because I have not actually read the terms and conditions myself to verify but I have heard passed around that at least one of the major ones does not have to pay anything for your fees if you take a plea deal or get convicted. It is in their interest for you to loose your case. I'd be interested into some insight from anyone here.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I have CCW Safe. Best mix of coverage and price. You can choose your attorney. That may be a big deal to some. I did not opt for the optional civil liability as I have a 2 million dollar umbrella liability policy through USAA

Not huge but it helps

CCW Safe here too. Seems like the best value for coverage.

You can Google coupon codes too - I got 10% off from using a code I found.

Last edited:

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I'll not name them because I have not actually read the terms and conditions myself to verify but I have heard passed around that at least one of the major ones does not have to pay anything for your fees if you take a plea deal or get convicted. It is in their interest for you to loose your case. I'd be interested into some insight from anyone here.
    Probably USCCA. They put out a video about it. By law they cannot pay insurance to someone who was convicted of a crime and plea deals are admission of guilt.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Insurance anywhere won’t/can’t cover illegal acts. A plea is a guilty verdict (you plead guilty in lieu of a trial), so no insurance would cover that.

What the insurance will force you to do is call someone who will tell you to STFU and not talk to the police without a lawyer. Even as a lawyer I wouldn’t voluntarily give a statement without another lawyer representing me.

You need to do your own research and see what, if any, value you see in the policies.

I know a guy that shot and killed someone who burst into his house back in the 90s and his legal bill was around $300,000 if I remember correctly. He was found “not guilty” but had to sell his house to cover the defense costs. This wasn’t in Maryland either (the legal fees would be higher here).

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    If you are thinking USCCA get the cheapest plan. (I don’t have it). But it is the best deal they offer from a financial pov.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I went with the platinum plan of USCCA. And will evaluate option’s again after a year. I’d like to hear from actual people who needed coverage and what their thoughts are after having to use them. I know USCCA just tells you what lawyers in your area are approved by USCCA. When I checked the only two lawyers they approve of they both were criminal defense lawyers representing people who are charged with criminal offenses like robbery, etc. I would feel more comfortable with defense attorneys that are 2A constitutional lawyers especially in Maryland.
    You can use any lawyer you want, with USCCA. The “approved” lawyers are just the ones they have on their call-up list for someone who needs a lawyer but has no idea who to call.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    I have USCCA and CCW Safe insurance. I prefer overlapping coverage as each provides some things the other does not.

I was wondering about doing something like this, but can you get into a scenario where neither company will pay because of the other policy?

I started reading USCCA's policy the other night, and started to feel like I needed a lawyer to tell me what it really said....

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    When I went to my Wear and Carry class, a classmate said that USCCA doesn't help if someone is charged in a case. There are cases when someone gets charged, despite there being evidence that the person is innocent.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD

Not huge but it helps

what umbrella is that?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

Not huge but it helps

Same here, I took the vet route and got another 10% off with the discount code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom