• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    S
    Screw 2A friendly. I want the best criminal defense attorney there is. Just because someone likes guns doesn't mean they are a good lawyer.
    I gave what you said some thought and your right. I’m not a criminal so I had issues with identifying with criminal defense attorneys.

Fact of the matter is God forbid if I have to defend myself in this state the charges are manslaughter or homicide but though self defense. Either charge is a criminal offense.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This was incredibly hard to find

I had to type “USAA umbrella liability insurance” into Google

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    It’s under your auto insurance. You must choose 300k basic liability first then you can add the extra 1 mil or 2 mil coverage

I have USAA. Most companies are similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mine is thru my homeowners , i carry 1 million .

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    CCW Safe is not insurance. They provide legal representation in criminal cases.

MD has a statute that’s prohibits being sued civilly if you are fount not guilty in a criminal case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • Civil Trial Costs Covered Even if Found Guilty in a Criminal Trial
    • Red Flag Law up to $5K
    • Firearm Replacement if Applicable
    • Up to $250/day loss-of-wages during criminal or civil trial
    • Up to 10 Licensed Professional Counseling Sessions (up to $1,500)
    • Crime-scene cleanup, if needed, in-home up to $3K
    • Appeals and expungement coverage of costs
    • No cap on expert witness fees (covered upfront)
    • Onsite response by Critical Response Team
    Directly from CCW safe's site. Aside from providing legal defense and 500k-1mil bond coverage these are other things they provide that sold me. Much more than providing a lawyer.

Everyone should not overlook these listed. This also extends to your spouse and any children under 18 who defend your home while youre not there or incapicated. They have a level up to cover your spouse outside the home.

PEEJAY

Dec 2, 2020
    The key here is knowing where to look to ask, I'm sure if I call a random agent and say "Hey i want 2M umbrella coverage" they won't have a clue
    Im an insurance agent. If a random agent doesnt know EXACTLY what you mean i think you accidentally called a pizza hut. Thats like saying i need a quote for an auto policy. We write umbrella's all the time. Its not something i would want to write without getting your home and auto too, but i would call USAA if thats who youre already with. THey go in 1 mil increments and i always tell clients to match your net worth.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    CCW Safe is not insurance. They provide legal representation in criminal cases.

MD has a statute that’s prohibits being sued civilly if you are fount not guilty in a criminal case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Civil immunity may eventually get the case dismissed, but as was seen in a noteable case in md's not to distant past, that could still take a lot of time and money.

Snardo

Nov 25, 2019
    Another one for US Law Shield here. They were well recommended from the folks that I got my W&C training from. Two things standout with them:
    1) Their hotline is staffed by attorneys. That means as soon as someone picks up the phone, you are talking to an attorney and everything you say is privileged.
    2) Unlimited civil & criminal defense litigation coverage
    Bonus: Coverage for all legal weapons, not just firearms. So if the best thing you can find to fend off an attacker is a kitchen knife or a broom handle, you're still covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom