• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marylandgrdnr

May 7, 2011
    Frederick
    Another travel question with a unique twist.

I see there's a lot of information on travel with firearms and what qualifies as a "residence" temporary or not. I have a MD Permit and If I'm traveling to the beach from work to a temporary residence, would I be in the confines of my restrictions?

Between residence and work...or while transporting business currency of the same

FWIW I plan on bringing the car safe for the condo.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If the question is : Can I carry loaded on person from Primary Residence to place of business (as usual) , and then at conclusion of work day make a personal trip to 0Temporary residence at the beach , with gun carried in conventional travel mode ( unloaded , encased , out of reach/ trunk) that is an easy *yes* .

If the question is can you carry (loaded , on person, etc ) that is a horse of a different stripe.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Good Question?? I think that if you own the property/residence at the beach and if your restriction does not say "primary residence" then you should be able to carry. Some people have more then 1 home and live in both. Suppose you lived at the beach every summer and at your other residence the rest of the year. Just my opinion.

I think sometimes we try to think of any way that we can to work around our restrictions, but without being sure we are probably breaking the law. So maybe you could call the MSP barracks with this question, just emphasize that you own and live at your beach house also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom