Glen Burnie
    Here's one of my carry set ups.
    98df833a1be1233b00247f78ba8fc636.jpg

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Here I put my G-code OWB paddle holster on with the Nexbelt I just got today(HK P30 V1). I didn’t spend a lot of time on Amazon to figure out which belt. I just wanted a leather style in brown from their EDC line. I like the antiqued look but might have chosen a shinier buckle with more thought since I want to wear this as a regular belt.

It comes with graduations inside to help you cut the excess you don’t need. Adding 4 inches to pant size as advised seems to leave too much on for me. It comes with the hex head wrenches and set screws to secure the end of the belt to the buckle. It included the wrench for the smaller screws that the buckle is assembled with. I found those weren’t fully snugged.

The paddle holster needed to be put in place, paddle inside pants, then run belt through where a belt goes over the pants. The pants I was wearing are fairly flimsy so would be tighter with a thicker material. That will very depending on your particular gear. The G-code holster comes already built so you just need to adjust the friction hold. But possibly one could unassemble and reassemble with shims for a little more room for pants thickness.

I had to snug the belt down enough to ensure it was as catching enough bone support but it didn’t seem like too much.

F5274315-1A8B-42FE-8AFF-E2308E659C53.jpeg
    EDE19B37-F73D-4931-AD70-75AF1314545A.jpeg
    AA5A2650-677B-43EE-B382-D0D4DCCBDA5C.jpeg

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Here I put my G-code OWB paddle holster on with the Nexbelt I just got today(HK P30 V1). I didn’t spend a lot of time on Amazon to figure out which belt. I just wanted a leather style in brown from their EDC line. I like the antiqued look but might have chosen a shinier buckle with more thought since I want to wear this as a regular belt.

It comes with graduations inside to help you cut the excess you don’t need. Adding 4 inches to pant size as advised seems to leave too much on for me. It comes with the hex head wrenches and set screws to secure the end of the belt to the buckle. It included the wrench for the smaller screws that the buckle is assembled with. I found those weren’t fully snugged.

The paddle holster needed to be put in place, paddle inside pants, then run belt through where a belt goes over the pants. The pants I was wearing are fairly flimsy so would be tighter with a thicker material. That will very depending on your particular gear. The G-code holster comes already built so you just need to adjust the friction hold. But possibly one could unassemble and reassemble with shims for a little more room for pants thickness.

I had to snug the belt down enough to ensure it was as catching enough bone support but it didn’t seem like too much.

View attachment 375108 View attachment 375109 View attachment 375110
    You're not going to use that as a concealment holster are you?
    Because that's not going to work under a shirt. Under a coat maybe. I have G-Code stuff for my range gear. That's where I typically use paddle holsters.
    I'm curious as to why you put your belt on after the holster?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

This ?

Paddle holsters do have a niche , albeit narrower than many used to think . ( And a few of the best ones don't suck)

But their primary reason for existing is the capability to put on and take off fairly quickly . Without having having to thread on/ off of belt .

If you are going to make practice of threading the belt in and out of several belt loops , why not a Pancake ? Both more comfortable , and much more concealable .

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    You're not going to use that as a concealment holster are you?
    Because that's not going to work under a shirt. Under a coat maybe. I have G-Code stuff for my range gear. That's where I typically use paddle holsters.
    In the pictures above I had a pullover on that would cover it. A loose shirt worn over it might conceal it too. But this was mostly to try out the new belt with the paddle holster I had. The space in the holster was tight that it seemed hard to force the paddle it over the belt and pants together so I just ran the belt through after. I might have been able to force it, but I was not wanting to beat up the finish on the belt yet since it was new. The 'leather' finish might be the fake or synthetic type glued to the nylon mesh.

I just bought the G-Code holster back when I bought the pistol so I would have something for the pistol should I have a place to wear one, like a range or some kind of competition. I don't have a carry permit yet. But the P30 seemed the closest to a carry pistol I would use if able compared to some heavier pistols I have.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    It's a retention and drawing concern.
    I have no concerns on either of those fronts. It is even less noticeable on my frame than AIWB, and about as quick on the draw. Maybe even quicker as you can easily clear the garment with the draw hand. Without it being concealed behind a suit coat or similar, Id have to agree with you on the retention aspect.

When I got the holster, I did the break in procedures, then wore it around. Then I tried to make the gun fall out. Starting slow, walking, bending lifting, then to jogging, running, running up and down stairs, and finally doing cartwheels. Never got it to fall out. It does have an adjustable retention screw, so that may be a factor.

Either way, its not a method I would typically carry in anyways.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have no concerns on either of those fronts. It is even less noticeable on my frame than AIWB, and about as quick on the draw. Maybe even quicker as you can easily clear the garment with the draw hand. Without it being concealed behind a suit coat or similar, Id have to agree with you on the retention aspect.

When I got the holster, I did the break in procedures, then wore it around. Then I tried to make the gun fall out. Starting slow, walking, bending lifting, then to jogging, running, running up and down stairs, and finally doing cartwheels. Never got it to fall out. It does have an adjustable retention screw, so that may be a factor.

Either way, its not a method I would typically carry in anyways.
    Retention in a fight. Not a tension thing.

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    This will be my initial starter kit now that I have my permit in my wallet.
    Sig P365XL with SwampFox optic & Wilson Combat Grip in a Bradec IWB holster. When the season changes I may swap over to my G30 in a Brigade Gunleather IWB holster.
    EDC Lineup (1).jpg

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    This will be my initial starter kit now that I have my permit in my wallet.
    Sig P365XL with SwampFox optic & Wilson Combat Grip in a Bradec IWB holster. When the season changes I may swap over to my G30 in a Brigade Gunleather IWB holster.
    View attachment 375190
    Even though I have a couple wearing Deltapoints, I'm not understanding a red dot on a defensive carry gun. I don't think your vision in a panic situation will pick up both conventional sights let alone a dot. Not knocking you, just a thought.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Even though I have a couple wearing Deltapoints, I'm not understanding a red dot on a defensive carry gun. I don't think your vision in a panic situation will pick up both conventional sights let alone a dot. Not knocking you, just a thought.
    My thoughts too. Seems to me the take on this is 50 50. I too have red dots, but not on my carry. But the main thing that gets me is co witnessing. Then why do you have the dot? Because that IS the sight. I have a Delta and like 4 Swamp Fox.

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    My thoughts too. Seems to me the take on this is 50 50. I too have red dots, but not on my carry. But the main thing that gets me is co witnessing. Then why do you have the dot? Because that IS the sight. I have a Delta and like 4 Swamp Fox.
    I am blind in my right eye and therefore lack binocular perspective. The dot helps me align the front sight more quickly than without. YMMV.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I don't do red dots on micros, but everything else has them.
    I feel fortunate that my first pistol and most of my training was done with a co-witness red dot.
    I shot a competition once, and forgot to turn on the dot. I didnt even realize it wasnt there until the 5th shot. I don't think I would have unconsciously transitioned that way if I had begun training with just one or the other.
    I have 3 pistols, 1 shotgun and 1 rifle with absolute cowitness red dots, and I love them all.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I don't do red dots on micros, but everything else has them.
    I feel fortunate that my first pistol and most of my training was done with a co-witness red dot.
    I shot a competition once, and forgot to turn on the dot. I didnt even realize it wasnt there until the 5th shot. I don't think I would have unconsciously transitioned that way if I had begun training with just one or the other.
    I have 3 pistols, 1 shotgun and 1 rifle with absolute cowitness red dots, and I love them all.
    I was eluding to the fact that during the fight or flight response, your body dilates your pupils to allow more light to enter the eye which can lead to blurred, tunnel vision and problems focusing on items at different depths. The reason why more than a few teach putting the front sight on target in a panic situation.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    My first carry gun, a Bulldog .44 Special. I've shot it a lot and we have a lot of miles together. I still use it sometimes for summer carry, it hides well in AIWB or X-draw.

BD01.jpg

BD02.jpg

BD03.jpg

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I was eluding to the fact that during the fight or flight response, your body dilates your pupils to allow more light to enter the eye which can lead to blurred, tunnel vision and problems focusing on items at different depths. The reason why more than a few teach putting the front sight on target in a panic situation.
    I dont think you know how to use the dot.

You don't focus on the dot. Your focus is on the target, with the dot superimposed. Really, you should just be "aware" of the dot on the target. And though I no longer have a dot on any of my handguns, one of the great benefits of the dot is being able to be TARGET focused.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD

You don't focus on the dot. Your focus is on the target, with the dot superimposed. Really, you should just be "aware" of the dot on the target. And though I no longer have a dot on any of my handguns, one of the great benefits of the dot is being able to be

You don't focus on the dot. Your focus is on the target, with the dot superimposed. Really, you should just be "aware" of the dot on the target. And though I no longer have a dot on any of my handguns, one of the great benefits of the dot is being able to be TARGET focused.
    Either your reading comprehension is severely lacking or you just don't want to hear it. Carry on and carry what you want.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Either your reading comprehension is severely lacking or you just don't want to hear it. Carry on and carry what you want.
    What part of the eye has "trouble focusing on items at different depths" did I not comprehend?

When you use a dot, it's superimposed in ONE FOCAL PLANE on the target. There is no focusing on items at different depths.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Testing this setup now. H&K P30SK in an Urban Carry Lock Leather IWB. I am more impressed with the Lock Leather than I thought I would be. The polymer retention clip functions nicely. Very comfortable for IWB for 2-4 o'clock carry for those with some meat on their bones. I picked up a Nexbelt recently. It's starting to really take over from my leather belts on days when I don't have to go into the office. Hard to replace the comfort of 1/4" rachet adjustments vice 1" spacing on the leather.

P30SK2.jpg

P30SK1.jpg

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've carried every time I've left the house since I got my permit

Got the basic $54 Nexbelt and a clip draw and trigger sheath for my Glock 19. It's not annoying at all to carry. I still think I will end up with a smaller gun to carry IWB in summer months and use this Glock when I carry OWB or shoulder or whatever I end up doing when it gets cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom